Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sure - but we could all take our tinfoil hats off about Steam, military contracts et al.  The latter reminds me of those discussions when Shock Force came out ... remember those ... "It is a click fes

Friday afternoon and finally off video conference calls.  Gawd I both love Zoom and hate it. There are lots of reasons for delay and for those of us who have been around a while it is a constant

Happy to talk about that if you want ... I haven't seen my mother for over a year now because of the pandemic and probably won't see her until next year because of it - in fact I fear that I may

Posted Images

On 8/17/2020 at 6:04 PM, Majick said:

Exactly.  AARs etc can be fun up to a point but if the delay goes on too long frankly they just get annoying. 

I agree. Improved forum, Steam, co-operation with other companies, DAR etc. All quite interesting, but we are waiting for the release of Fire and Rubble.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor BFC has been afflicted with an excess of good fortune lately. Worse, its been good fortune on a deadline! Their original plans & schedules didn't factor in the British Ministry of Defense popping up out of nowhere. They certainly didn't anticipate CMSF2 being sold on Steam! Yes, there's solid progress being made on finishing-up Fire and Rubble, but its progress punctuated by unexpected absences as one person or another disappears for a bit to answer another emergency fire alarm. The latest fire alarm is the unexpected format change to the discussion forum (note the new emojis). 😱

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is more than a little surprising that I've been gone since 2014 and to come back to see nothing new with CMRT six years later. BFC haven't been slacking however, given all the developments with CMFI, CMBN and the arrival of CMFB afterward. That's a lot of work though not so much for the Eastern Front. CMBB was a masterpiece, however, so I'm confident BFC will make up for the drought. At least they kicked off the new engine on the Russian front in 1944. Barbarossa is overblown 😃

Hey, it could be worse. It could be Bannerlord. Love that game, but the wait was insane.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2020 at 9:19 AM, Grisha said:

It is more than a little surprising that I've been gone since 2014 and to come back to see nothing new with CMRT six years later. BFC haven't been slacking however, given all the developments with CMFI, CMBN and the arrival of CMFB afterward. That's a lot of work though not so much for the Eastern Front. CMBB was a masterpiece, however, so I'm confident BFC will make up for the drought. At least they kicked off the new engine on the Russian front in 1944. Barbarossa is overblown 😃

Hey, it could be worse. It could be Bannerlord. Love that game, but the wait was insane.

Ha here I was thinking I was the only who found the Eastern Front more interesting in 44/45 than Barbarossa! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2020 at 12:19 PM, Grisha said:

It is more than a little surprising that I've been gone since 2014 and to come back to see nothing new with CMRT six years later. BFC haven't been slacking however, given all the developments with CMFI, CMBN and the arrival of CMFB afterward. That's a lot of work though not so much for the Eastern Front. CMBB was a masterpiece, however, so I'm confident BFC will make up for the drought. At least they kicked off the new engine on the Russian front in 1944. Barbarossa is overblown 😃

Hey, it could be worse. It could be Bannerlord. Love that game, but the wait was insane.

You're going to like Fire and Rubble.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2020 at 6:16 PM, MikeyD said:

Poor BFC has been afflicted with an excess of good fortune lately. Worse, its been good fortune on a deadline! Their original plans & schedules didn't factor in the British Ministry of Defense popping up out of nowhere. They certainly didn't anticipate CMSF2 being sold on Steam! Yes, there's solid progress being made on finishing-up Fire and Rubble, but its progress punctuated by unexpected absences as one person or another disappears for a bit to answer another emergency fire alarm. The latest fire alarm is the unexpected format change to the discussion forum (note the new emojis). 😱

Not sure what you're trying to say, but I guess it comes down to more delay. As usual. 🤨

Just give us an update on the progress of the module.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Not sure what you're trying to say, but I guess it comes down to more delay. As usual. 🤨

Just give us an update on the progress of the module.

Can't speak to the rest of the stuff BFC has going on, but I do know that getting the game patches out took time away from the development of Fire and Rubble. Steve said himself that the time taken away was close to two months in an interview he gave recently. 

Believe me, I would like to see Fire and Rubble out the door just as badly as you want it to be released and on your hard drive. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, IICptMillerII said:

Can't speak to the rest of the stuff BFC has going on, but I do know that getting the game patches out took time away from the development of Fire and Rubble. Steve said himself that the time taken away was close to two months in an interview he gave recently. 

Believe me, I would like to see Fire and Rubble out the door just as badly as you want it to be released and on your hard drive. 

Of that I have no doubt. But everything seems to have priority over Fire and Rubble.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Of that I have no doubt. But everything seems to have priority over Fire and Rubble.

I don't blame you for thinking that. I know the feeling myself. I think it is more a case of Fire and Rubble being the main priority, its just a bunch of "pop up threats" keep appearing that have to be dealt with. Work on Fire and Rubble hasn't stopped or anything, it just can't get 100% of the attention all the time because other pressing things keep coming up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, IICptMillerII said:

I don't blame you for thinking that. I know the feeling myself. I think it is more a case of Fire and Rubble being the main priority, its just a bunch of "pop up threats" keep appearing that have to be dealt with. Work on Fire and Rubble hasn't stopped or anything, it just can't get 100% of the attention all the time because other pressing things keep coming up. 

I'm as happy as everyone else that things are going well for BF and I hope they will be able to expand  their business and make lots of money, a reward long overdue, since it's the best wargame around. But it sure is a frustrating wait for an old Eastfronter like myself. I appreciate your understanding though.

Still hoping for a release this (late) autumn. Hope springs eternal.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I'm as happy as everyone else that things are going well for BF and I hope they will be able to expand  their business and make lots of money, a reward long overdue, since it's the best wargame around. But it sure is a frustrating wait for an old Eastfronter like myself. I appreciate your understanding though.

Still hoping for a release this (late) autumn. Hope springs eternal.

 

 

Did he say Spring?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I'm as happy as everyone else that things are going well for BF and I hope they will be able to expand  their business and make lots of money, a reward long overdue, since it's the best wargame around. But it sure is a frustrating wait for an old Eastfronter like myself. I appreciate your understanding though.

Still hoping for a release this (late) autumn. Hope springs eternal.

 

 

Like the old saying goes, "Никто не забыт, ничто не забыто." No one is forgotten, nothing is forgotten.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Yeah. And the only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze pilots wore helmets....

I guess for the same reason religious suiciders do this today (getting armor on): to survive until they can hit the target.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2020 at 12:43 AM, t34577685 said:

but the october is Russian october(means november)

😉

Who cares. Nothing to celebrate anyway. Whatever happens in Russia, there's never reason to celebrate in the West. They seem determined to make our lives miserable.

Edited by Aragorn2002
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...