Fire and Rubble Update

BFCElvis

On 8/17/2020 at 6:04 PM, Majick said:

Exactly.  AARs etc can be fun up to a point but if the delay goes on too long frankly they just get annoying. 

I agree. Improved forum, Steam, co-operation with other companies, DAR etc. All quite interesting, but we are waiting for the release of Fire and Rubble.

Poor BFC has been afflicted with an excess of good fortune lately. Worse, its been good fortune on a deadline! Their original plans & schedules didn't factor in the British Ministry of Defense popping up out of nowhere. They certainly didn't anticipate CMSF2 being sold on Steam! Yes, there's solid progress being made on finishing-up Fire and Rubble, but its progress punctuated by unexpected absences as one person or another disappears for a bit to answer another emergency fire alarm. The latest fire alarm is the unexpected format change to the discussion forum (note the new emojis). 😱

It is more than a little surprising that I've been gone since 2014 and to come back to see nothing new with CMRT six years later. BFC haven't been slacking however, given all the developments with CMFI, CMBN and the arrival of CMFB afterward. That's a lot of work though not so much for the Eastern Front. CMBB was a masterpiece, however, so I'm confident BFC will make up for the drought. At least they kicked off the new engine on the Russian front in 1944. Barbarossa is overblown 😃

Hey, it could be worse. It could be Bannerlord. Love that game, but the wait was insane.

On 8/21/2020 at 9:19 AM, Grisha said:

It is more than a little surprising that I've been gone since 2014 and to come back to see nothing new with CMRT six years later. BFC haven't been slacking however, given all the developments with CMFI, CMBN and the arrival of CMFB afterward. That's a lot of work though not so much for the Eastern Front. CMBB was a masterpiece, however, so I'm confident BFC will make up for the drought. At least they kicked off the new engine on the Russian front in 1944. Barbarossa is overblown 😃

Hey, it could be worse. It could be Bannerlord. Love that game, but the wait was insane.

Ha here I was thinking I was the only who found the Eastern Front more interesting in 44/45 than Barbarossa! 

On 8/21/2020 at 12:19 PM, Grisha said:

You're going to like Fire and Rubble.

On 8/21/2020 at 6:16 PM, MikeyD said:

Poor BFC has been afflicted with an excess of good fortune lately. Worse, its been good fortune on a deadline! Their original plans & schedules didn't factor in the British Ministry of Defense popping up out of nowhere. They certainly didn't anticipate CMSF2 being sold on Steam! Yes, there's solid progress being made on finishing-up Fire and Rubble, but its progress punctuated by unexpected absences as one person or another disappears for a bit to answer another emergency fire alarm. The latest fire alarm is the unexpected format change to the discussion forum (note the new emojis). 😱

Not sure what you're trying to say, but I guess it comes down to more delay. As usual. 🤨

Just give us an update on the progress of the module.

45 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Not sure what you're trying to say, but I guess it comes down to more delay. As usual. 🤨

Just give us an update on the progress of the module.

Can't speak to the rest of the stuff BFC has going on, but I do know that getting the game patches out took time away from the development of Fire and Rubble. Steve said himself that the time taken away was close to two months in an interview he gave recently. 

Believe me, I would like to see Fire and Rubble out the door just as badly as you want it to be released and on your hard drive. 

20 minutes ago, IICptMillerII said:

Can't speak to the rest of the stuff BFC has going on, but I do know that getting the game patches out took time away from the development of Fire and Rubble. Steve said himself that the time taken away was close to two months in an interview he gave recently. 

Believe me, I would like to see Fire and Rubble out the door just as badly as you want it to be released and on your hard drive. 

Of that I have no doubt. But everything seems to have priority over Fire and Rubble.

9 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Of that I have no doubt. But everything seems to have priority over Fire and Rubble.

I don't blame you for thinking that. I know the feeling myself. I think it is more a case of Fire and Rubble being the main priority, its just a bunch of "pop up threats" keep appearing that have to be dealt with. Work on Fire and Rubble hasn't stopped or anything, it just can't get 100% of the attention all the time because other pressing things keep coming up. 

16 minutes ago, IICptMillerII said:

I don't blame you for thinking that. I know the feeling myself. I think it is more a case of Fire and Rubble being the main priority, its just a bunch of "pop up threats" keep appearing that have to be dealt with. Work on Fire and Rubble hasn't stopped or anything, it just can't get 100% of the attention all the time because other pressing things keep coming up. 

I'm as happy as everyone else that things are going well for BF and I hope they will be able to expand  their business and make lots of money, a reward long overdue, since it's the best wargame around. But it sure is a frustrating wait for an old Eastfronter like myself. I appreciate your understanding though.

Still hoping for a release this (late) autumn. Hope springs eternal.

7 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I'm as happy as everyone else that things are going well for BF and I hope they will be able to expand  their business and make lots of money, a reward long overdue, since it's the best wargame around. But it sure is a frustrating wait for an old Eastfronter like myself. I appreciate your understanding though.

Did he say Spring?

13 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Like the old saying goes, "Никто не забыт, ничто не забыто." No one is forgotten, nothing is forgotten.

3 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Yeah. And the only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze pilots wore helmets....

I guess for the same reason religious suiciders do this today (getting armor on): to survive until they can hit the target.

On 8/28/2020 at 12:43 AM, t34577685 said:

but the october is Russian october(means november)

😉

Who cares. Nothing to celebrate anyway. Whatever happens in Russia, there's never reason to celebrate in the West. They seem determined to make our lives miserable.

Edited by Aragorn2002