Fire and Rubble Update

BFCElvis

7 hours ago, Majick said:

From having a quick read I think lack of AI scripting in the CM side might be a problem.  And also not sure how you can predict an enemy assault is going to happen in PzC, although I guess I could live with just playing my assaults,

Well, you can play both sides, so that's not a problem.

On 7/11/2020 at 4:10 AM, BFCElvis said:

Live in the moment, man. Have you wrung everything out of Rome to Victory that can? I still haven't played out all of the original CMBN. Keep an eye on progress if you're interested in the module but ride the wave, dude.

This is fair enough for me, having only recently bought the BN big bundle and not long before that RT.  Haven't even got FB or RtV yet, so my spare time is already pre-allocated for quite a while to come.  Of course I'll jump on Fire & Rubble when it comes along, but I for one am happy that @BFCElvisdoes actually respond in the forum rather than having the tumbleweed roll past 😉.  Forgive me if I sound like I'm kissing somewhere I shouldn't, this is not my intention...

7 minutes ago, Vacilllator said:

This is fair enough for me, having only recently bought the BN big bundle and not long before that RT.  Haven't even got FB or RtV yet, so my spare time is already pre-allocated for quite a while to come.  Of course I'll jump on Fire & Rubble when it comes along, but I for one am happy that @BFCElvisdoes actually respond in the forum rather than having the tumbleweed roll past 😉.  Forgive me if I sound like I'm kissing somewhere I shouldn't, this is not my intention...

That's okay, in your case I can understand. But Red Thunder was released in 2014, so it's about time this module will finally compliment it. It may not have been worked on for 6 years, but it has been a mighty long wait. And still is. Apart from that release estimate after release estimate has been broken, so just 'ride the wave' doesn't cut it anymore.

Edited by Aragorn2002

18 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

That's okay, in your case I can understand. But Red Thunder was released in 2014, so it's about time this module will finally compliment it. It may not have been worked on for 6 years, but it has been a mighty long wait. And still is. Apart from that release estimate after release estimate has been broken, so just 'ride the wave' doesn't cut it anymore.

I can see your side of this too and understand your frustration.  Lets hope for better news soon!

Off topic slight from the prior posts, I know Fire and Rubble adds Luftwaffe FD and FJ formations to Red Thunder, but does it also add the Hermann Goering division? From what I have read, it would mostly be a cosmetic change but I have fond memories of user made campaign featuring them in CMBB and wonder if they would make a return.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been away a good long while from CM. I've had CMRT on a cd in its case and decided to revisit it. Caught a video by Josey Wales doing a Soviet attack on a village called Ugly, and now I'm thinking of playing again. Think I have CMRT updated to most recent patch(engine 4). What's Fire and Rubble all about?

15 hours ago, Grisha said:

Been away a good long while from CM. I've had CMRT on a cd in its case and decided to revisit it. Caught a video by Josey Wales doing a Soviet attack on a village called Ugly, and now I'm thinking of playing again. Think I have CMRT updated to most recent patch(engine 4). What's Fire and Rubble all about?

It also massively expands the scope of the game with more content.

The Germans get all their various branches, like luftwaffe field divisions, the Waffen SS, volksgrenadiers, the kreigsmarine, and even volkssturm with all their crazy weapons. 

The Soviets get a revised TO&E to be more accurate, as well as new vehicles like the SU-100 and new vehicle variants like the T-34 with extra armor for the battle of Berlin. And they get lend lease equipment now, including the valentine and Sherman tank as well as the well known US made halftrack and British made Bren carrier. 

The module is really a two for one. It adds more forces and extends the timeline, while also expanding on the base game. 

6 hours ago, rocketman said:

If the Schwimmwagen gets hit, will it sink (including the partisans) 💀?

It's battlefront. You know it will be more complicated than that.

First they will need to determine whether the hole is above or below the waterline.

No, wait, I skipped a step. First they will need to determine where the waterline is based on the number of men and equipment being carried by the SW. As well as the density of water, which can vary slightly based on temperature and salinity.  

Then they determine whether the hole is above or below the waterline...the angle of shot will be important because some shots may enter above the waterline but exit below it. 

After that, it's a simple calculation of amount of water that can enter based on the number and diameter of the holes.

However, what might be tricky is that as a SW takes on water, it will gradually sink, meaning that the waterline for a holed SW will constantly be changing over time; this will be critical for determining the effect of new hits.