Fire and Rubble Update

BFCElvis

15 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

OK. We'll make sure to hold off until then. I need a nap. So, that fits in perfectly.

Hey all, shhhhhhhhh, Elvis is napping, dreaming of an all star quarterback in dark green w wings on his head that is just out of his reach...

2 hours ago, 3j2m7 said:

Elvis Elvis Elvis..🎵🎵🤠🎶🎶🎸

@BFCElvis give us please a sign of Soviets partisans (accepting also in the night), but something from them in the F and R !!

Partisans have ambushed the railroad used as a development pipeline and delayed the date F&R will come in our hands, so they had time to upgrade their kit a bit. 😜

25 minutes ago, Lethaface said:

Partisans have ambushed the railroad used as a development pipeline and delayed the date F&R will come in our hands, so they had time to upgrade their kit a bit. 😜

Let me see already these famous railroad and some rubble the partisans are probably already on place !😁

9 hours ago, Ales Dvorak said:

Good. I'll take his Jazzmaster than .... He'll get it back when F&R is ready for d/l.

he's got a jazzmaster?  I always wanted one of those, would sound good thru my AC15.  Does he have other nice guitars? -- we should confiscate all these until we get F&R

On 2/25/2021 at 12:25 AM, 3j2m7 said:

Bla bla bla... left and right but untill now I don't see anything about Soviet partisans only the Volksturm..

Yep and the nazi fanboys also get their 'we only made 80 of em' Jagdtiger as well.   Will the commies get the Valentine III and IX? My guess is it will only be the IX even thought there were thousands of em sent in lend lease and in east action since  1941.  

I agree, too many wehraboos exist, that being said the soviets for the most part knew what worked and kept their ill fated experiments off the front lines in favor of things that were proven. I'm just happy to get the su85m tbh.

Edited by Cobetco

3 hours ago, Geoff-Ludumpress said:

Yep and the nazi fanboys also get their 'we only made 80 of em' Jagdtiger as well.   Will the commies get the Valentine III and IX? My guess is it will only be the IX even thought there were thousands of em sent in lend lease and in east action since  1941.  

Nazi fanboys? Wehraboos? Do you guys really want to go there? 

15 hours ago, danfrodo said:

he's got a jazzmaster?  I always wanted one of those, would sound good thru my AC15.  Does he have other nice guitars? -- we should confiscate all these until we get F&R

He he he, I meant jazzmaster from his avatar. I don't know if he has any guitar.

*reality mod on*

I have jazzmaster and it sounds great thru my '72 Princeton reverb. Yesterday I got Gibson SG 61 Standard - what a joy to play.

*reality mod off*

I'll let Elvis play my SG, but I want to see some pictures (F&R) of partisans first. ;)

Edited by Ales Dvorak

14 minutes ago, Ts4EVER said:

Why not? There are a lot of right-wing assholes in this kind of hobby, not to mention just uninformed people with a very rosy view of German military capabilities.

Because calling people who like German tanks and such Nazi-fanboys or right-wing assholes is abusive behaviour, mate. And that's not allowed on this forum.

Edited by Aragorn2002

11 minutes ago, Ts4EVER said:

Why not? There are a lot of right-wing assholes in this kind of hobby, not to mention just uninformed people with a very rosy view of German military capabilities.

And plain dumb people. It is dumb to assume anyone who would enjoy a vehicle of a certain kind in a game is a fanboy of the political ideology of the nation which fielded that vehicle. Especially if it is used an argument for other vehicles to be added.

Now I don't care about the Jagdtiger or Valentine 234 whatever added, but if people do that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with a rosy view of whatever or being a nazi fanboy. 

Not saying that you are a Nazi for playing the Germans, I am doing that myself. But it is naive to think that there is not a big overlap between historical wargaming communities and nazis. Even in this forum, which is generally more well informed than others, I see the old Cold War myths of "Soviets just overwhelmed the Germans with numbers" and "German tanks were superior" all too often. And in my experience it is not far from that to the old chestnuts of "Nazis and Russians were basically the same" or "They just wanted to protect Europe from communism!"

Now maybe I am a bit jaded from having to moderate a discord channel where this crap keeps popping up, but let's just say my view of the wargaming hobby has dimmed a bit in recent month because of this.