Jagdpanthers vs Churchills!

11 hours ago, John Kettler said:

Don't kn ow how Mark Felton does what he does, but am I ever glad he keeps finding such combat treasures! 

Regards,

John Kettler

I enjoy his videos as well John. my favorites were the couple he did on the M-26 in combat... very interesting stuff.  Here is one:

and here's another:

Bil

3 hours ago, DougPhresh said:

I was wondering, if the Americans really only encountered Tigers 3 times in North-West Europe, why are they included in the base game? It seems like they could have been saved for the Commonwealth module.

Why would you wonder that at this point and time in the game's development? 

I'm happy they were included in the base game.  IMO there is nothing wrong with cool equipment included in the game.  The game also has a rarity setting for dealing with rarity if that is a concern.    

Maybe one reason Tigers were included in the base game was to help make the base game more popular and sell better in the bigger markets.  Then after the base was firmly established the game could branch out to smaller markets.  If so, this is a good thing.  It makes the games more interesting to have more nations and equipment than just the big four: USA, Germany, British & Soviets.   

Imagine the different tactics that had to be used with these turret less tank destroyers. You better  be able to turn  you tracks faster than the enemies can turn their turret and not get weighted down in mud. The guns did have some side movement but not much. If you were flanked you were pretty much a sitting duck.

pull into town, take a defensive ambush position, pull forward stop engage, retreat back into town.

Edited by user1000

On 2/26/2020 at 3:43 AM, John Kettler said:

Don't kn ow how Mark Felton does what he does, but am I ever glad he keeps finding such combat treasures! 

Regards,

John Kettler

The battle described here is the basis for the TWC scenario: Sudden Fury.
A very entertaining little battle to play with the Jagdpanthers :)

sudden%20fury.jpg?dl=1