Dutch CV9035 "KETF" ABM rounds

The 35mm KETF round is an  "Air Burst Munition" or ABM. But in CM, it is as effective as the 25mm autocannon on the M2 Bradley. In real Life, ABM is devestating. Works fine in CMBS, but is nerfed too hell in CMSF2. Why? 

IRL:

This is 57mm ABM. And You Yankees bought this gun for your  Navy from bofors.

This is a more than 15 years old film of ABM from 40mm CV90. But the ABM effect of the dutch 35mm ABM round, would be similar!

Edited by Armorgunner

This is indeed a missing feature of the CV9035. 

Another problem is its rate of fire - it should be firing single, two or three round bursts instead of the five or more round bursts it is currently firing. 

I actually prefer the YPR-765 over CV9035, as the former will exhaust its ammunition too quickly. 

8 hours ago, AtheistDane said:

This is indeed a missing feature of the CV9035. 

Another problem is its rate of fire - it should be firing single, two or three round bursts instead of the five or more round bursts it is currently firing. 

I actually prefer the YPR-765 over CV9035, as the former will exhaust its ammunition too quickly. 

Yeah

ABM works fine in CMBS, so its not a problem in the engine. 

I know, its not just something that can be changed  with a Quick fix. Since every scenario, and Campaign, for the Dutch must be rebalanced to hell! But as it is now. I, as you. Prefer the YPR, over the CV9035 in game. 

KETF works more like old-school shrapnel, bursting well before the intended target and discharging sub-projectiles in a cone forward, whereas ABM in game is treated as AB-HE, a standard HE round timed to burst over the target that is just as effective against a target behind the burst as it is against one in front (well, in reality its not quite so simple, but that is the effect in game).  KETF really needs a unique treatment in the code, sort of like delayed action canister.

30mm+x+173+Ahead+(ABM)+KETF+Subprojectil

Edited by akd

21 hours ago, akd said:

KETF works more like old-school shrapnel, bursting well before the intended target and discharging sub-projectiles in a cone forward, whereas ABM in game is treated as AB-HE, a standard HE round timed to burst over the target that is just as effective against a target behind the burst as it is against one in front (well, in reality its not quite so simple, but that is the effect in game).  KETF really needs a unique treatment in the code, sort of like delayed action canister.

30mm+x+173+Ahead+(ABM)+KETF+Subprojectil

You seem to be right. From the detonation Point, it works like an AP shotgun.

https://www.unsw.adfa.edu.au/conferences/sites/conferences/files/uploads/1010%20van%20Meerten%20Canberra%20Med%20Cal_0.pdf

But most interesting from my link,  is: "1 Projectile programmed (air burst mode) to neutralize MBT. All optical sights were hit and destroyed."

And thats with 1 round. Fire a burst of three, and that mbt, for sure. Wont be able to return fire.

https://www.unsw.adfa.edu.au/conferences/sites/conferences/files/uploads/1010 van Meerten Canberra Med Cal_0.pdf  

Edited by Armorgunner