R2V "Aris´ed" Shermans

Here´s a quick-fix mod set for the R2V Shermans.

@DougPhresh made a request for Sherman mods for R2V the other day. I replied that I dont really have the time to make mods from scratch. Luckily, I discovered that I had an old set of Sherman  Photoshop files that Aris´ once sent me. This was only the files for his CMBN Sherman IC mod, so most of the mods in this set are based on these. 

I have simply taken each bmp for the hulls and turrets of every Sherman in R2V - and placed the dirt, mud and grime from Aris´  Sherman IC on top of them. So most of the mods have the excact same layer of dirt on top of them. Luckily, it doesn' t really loook like that, because the base bmp´s are relatively different.

In some cases, the bmp´s were so different from the Sherman IC´s layout that I couldn´t use the method described above. In that case I have taken files from other CM games and renamed them to fit. Or done a bit of modding myself.

In short: This is not a set of mods made from scratch - but a quick-fix that will allow you to use "Aris´ed" R2V Shermans. Sherman grogs might find errors in camo schemes and such, but as far as I am concerned, they are as good as they get.

I am sharing the mods via this Dropbox link - until they are available on Cmmods IV.

reklame%20shermans.jpg?dl=1

1 hour ago, Ithikial_AU said:

At work, so haven't had a chance to take a look yet. Do you need to have all the other CMFI Aris Sherman mods that he made pre-installed? Or is this an all in one package covering all Sherman variants from the base game/Gustav Line/Rome to Victory?

Thanks for your efforts.

These are only the R2V Shermans. You’ ll have to download the other CMFI Sherman mods separately.

Incredible! Great stuff, thank you @umlaut .

20 hours ago, umlaut said:

Sherman grogs might find errors in camo schemes and such, but as far as I am concerned, they are as good as they get.reklame%20shermans.jpg?dl=1

I just want to say that you're being far too humble. You did a really good job, and as you can see with the reference material, anyone who is very serious about this sort of thing would just have to add some formation badges.

Maybe someone very enterprising soul could use mod tags to create Mickey Mouse camouflaged vehicles, the upside to which would be that late-war vehicles in that scheme will certainly be useful in the Commonwealth module for CMFB.

OLk8CKW.png

5zbXgbB.png

wvO24wB.png

RQ2kSyn.png

Sn6fBTd.png

BKeLTwn.png

R6rjjDf.png

Edited by DougPhresh

On 2/21/2020 at 11:53 AM, Falaise said:

i like your quick-fix mod !!!

what could a be for a long fix mod ???

thank you Umlaut

I am calling it a quick-fix, because I havent made the mods myself from scratch, but pieced them together from various sources. Mainly by using the dust and dirt layers from the psd-files in a single Sherman mod that Aris once sent me. This meant that I could make all these mods in about the same - or perhaps less - time that it would nor
mally take me to make a single mod.

Edited by umlaut

• 2 months later...
On 2/21/2020 at 8:02 PM, DougPhresh said:

Incredible! Great stuff, thank you @umlaut .

I just want to say that you're being far too humble. You did a really good job, and as you can see with the reference material, anyone who is very serious about this sort of thing would just have to add some formation badges.

Maybe someone very enterprising soul could use mod tags to create Mickey Mouse camouflaged vehicles, the upside to which would be that late-war vehicles in that scheme will certainly be useful in the Commonwealth module for CMFB.

OLk8CKW.png

5zbXgbB.png

wvO24wB.png

RQ2kSyn.png

Sn6fBTd.png

BKeLTwn.png

R6rjjDf.png

What's your source for the images/info? Seems like something I'd be interested in taking a look at just for the hell of it

• 1 month later...
On 5/17/2020 at 3:48 AM, evilman222 said:

What's your source for the images/info? Seems like something I'd be interested in taking a look at just for the hell of it

Sorry for the delay. I used the Concord publications on British Shermans and British Armour in Sicily and Italy. 

• 1 year later...
26 minutes ago, 37mm said:

Wish I'd seen this a week ago... @umlaut do you happen to still have this mod? The dropbox link isn't working & it seems to have never made it to cmmods.

Found it in couple of min you can download to my Corner link !

I recommand all of you to created a folder with all download from the forum and for the time not available on the CMMODs !

I put the link available one week than will be deleted !

or asking @Erwin he has probably all and also since the CMMODs I !😄

JM

Edited by JM Stuff