Buy CMSF2

Stardekk

I really liked the modern era, I already purchased CMBS but I dont know what about CMSF2 its is very expensive CMBS costs 60$  lush the map pack 70$ CMSF2 costs 125$ ! Almost double the price !

I played the beta to see if I like it and I do, But is it worth the money ? There is really a lot of scenarios/ formations/ factions/ maps ? Any help will be welcome. 

It’s really difficult for anyone to answer “is it worth it?” That is totally dependent on the individual. What I can tell you is that CMBS is cheaper because it has less content. It has 3 nations, whereas CMSF2, if you buy all the addon content, has British, US Army, US Marines, Canadian, Dutch, German, Syrian forces. The Syrians can be used to represent a number of possible countries that use Warsaw Pact/Russian equipment. So at this time CMSF2 offers a lot more toys to play with than CMBS. It also represents about a decade earlier in technological development, so the T90 or Abrams are not the same as what you see in CMBS, nor are other vehicles and hardware/weapons. So it’s not merely CMBS with a few added countries. Even the stuff they share is different. 

Hope that helps.

Edited by Bud Backer
Typo

1 hour ago, Stardekk said:

I played the beta to see if I like it and I do, But is it worth the money ? There is really a lot of scenarios/ formations/ factions/ maps ? Any help will be welcome. 

CMSF 2 has amphibious vehicles.

nBY8jBoh.jpg

ARn7GSqh.jpg

And un-conventional units

LfX4v3oh.jpg

jUL5OT1h.jpg

XBGbPmKh.jpg

To include spies

UQrK2HJh.jpg

VBIEDs

DGXhNB2h.jpg

Pick-up trucks and taxis that can actually be used (not just flavor objects).

K8IV93eh.jpg

IEDs - Small, medium, large, huge.  Controlled by radio, cell or wire.  That can be used to bring down bridges in some designer made scenarios. 

8IC7HNDh.jpg

With lots of cool mods and scenarios

mMhL2HJh.jpg

@37mm is currently working on a Southeast Asia mod / campaign:  http://community.battlefront.com/topic/135081-heaven-earth-project-discussion-thread/

lw0ot3fh.jpg

My5rXb9h.jpg

Or maybe you would like to command the raid that killed Osama, Created by @Combatintman

Just off the top of my head ............... :D:lol::)

Edited by MOS:96B2P

Re CMSF scenarios and campaigns, last I looked there are close to 80 campaigns and over a thousand scenarios (many were made for CMSF1 but all are playable in CMSF2).  This dwarfs the amount of content available to any of the other CM2 games.  So, if you like the era/topic...

Its usually more than a year between a CM basegame release and the following module. Which means initial purchasers had been happily playing the unaltered basegame for months and months before upgrading. If you're interested in CMSF2 but are daunted by the full package price there's always the option of just getting the basegame. Play the basegame into the ground before contemplating expanding it with Brits or Marines or NATO forces. That's how initial purchasers played it.

CMBS and CMSF2 play VERY different from each other. On the American side its the difference of a decade of technological advancement (2007 vs 2017+), on the other side its the difference between Cold War and post-Cold War materials. Also, the scenarios are designed differently. CMSF2 is much more about asymmetric warfare. CMBS is more peer-on-peer action.

Let me give a brief shout-out to Google Earth. CM titles are theater-specific. If you're fighting in Ildib province or the outskirts of Kharkiv you have the opportunity to go visit those actual locations (with some restrictions) to get the lay of the land. A CM battle map may be 1kmx2km of generic looking real estate but you have the resources to put the battle into a larger context, which tends to enhance gameplay. When people ask for CM to include an encyclopedia section I joke they do - it's called Google ;)

example 2.jpg

6 hours ago, Stardekk said:

I really liked the modern era, I already purchased CMBS but I dont know what about CMSF2 its is very expensive CMBS costs 60$  lush the map pack 70$ CMSF2 costs 125$ ! Almost double the price !

The CMSF base game is still $60, the big bundle is $125.

If $125 is too steep at the moment (and you don't have the original CMSF which can be upgraded for as little as $15) you can always buy the base game now & then the module bundle for $90 (you will likely end up buying all the modules)... it'll be a little bit more expensive overall but will allow you to start playing sooner.

@Erwin isn't far wrong about the content available... I estimated there were around 800 scenarios & almost 50 CMSF campaigns (all playable in CMSF2) & that was before CMSF2 was released.

And as @mjkerner & @MOS:96B2P mentioned the Heaven & Earth 'open beta' (due very soon) will come with yet more content (2 campaigns & around 20 individual scenarios... over 40 scenarios overall, with more to come).

I doubt it's even possible to play all the content available (although @Aquila-SmartWargames seems to be trying to prove me wrong).

I've certainly had a lot of fun with CMSF2, mainly because of all the different forces - NATO, British & Marines. The range of forces is marvellous, as well as a lot of different maps and scenarios. In terms of amount and variety of content, it's one of the top 3, along with CMBN and CMFI.

You also have a good range of Red forces to play with. High quality Syrian forces can put up a fairly good fight, and there are all kinds of unconventional troops as well.

I have CMBS, which I quite like,but I like CMSF2 more...