New Mini-Campaign/Scenario: Alarmeinheiten

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2021 at 8:11 PM, zmoney said:

Is this one ready to go?

Just about.  The place holders have been replaced with the correct units.  A few new FR vehicles were added.  I'm mostly just testing the four AI plans to make sure they are still working as intended.  Then  I need to update the briefing (which would only take a few hours).  Then compile it and test that. 

There has been so much new stuff released by BFC recently that players are probably swamped with content anyway.  Which is a nice problem to have. :)  

Speaking of new units.  An SS detachment is now in the Area of Operations.  

p0tP07Gh.jpg

From the briefing:

SS Detachment – SS Detachment is in the reserve bivouac area in the southwest corner of the Area of Operations (AO).  The detachment is a corps level, anti-partisan, unit that is temporarily bivouacked while it passes through the AO.  An SS liaison officer is in the 2. Bn. CP to facilitate C2.  The SS troops are experienced soldiers in good health.  They are trained, equipped and have expertise in the use of flamethrowers.  They have earned a reputation for being efficient at anti-partisan operations.  If needed these troops could be committed to battle, however they are a 200-point spot unit objective for the Soviets.  Air attack against this unit will not earn the enemy spot unit objective points.  

An overhead shot of part of the reserve / bivouac area.  The player can activate two units from this area at the cost of Victory Points.  3. Zug (platoon) of the alarmeinheiten and the SS Detachment.  

BDhX0bEh.jpg

1 hour ago, Falaise said:

apart from the obvious interest of this mini-campaign I find the screenshots splendid
I wonder how I passed by the explosion of Pack 38 is superb

it seems to me that you don't use shadows or shaders ?

Thank you.

I sometimes turn off the shadows and/or shaders for various reasons and forget to turn them back on.  I generally play with both on.  

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2021 at 2:07 AM, evilman222 said:

Any ETA on this? Always look forward to a new MOS scenario.

PM sent.  I just finished updating everything (as far as I know). :)

Just have to compile the scenarios.  Unless some unexpected problem is found it will be off to Bootie soon after the compilation.  

From the briefing:

AI PLAN BUILDINGS:

In the southwest area of the map are four “AI Plan Buildings”.  The buildings have no doors or windows.  The buildings are labeled AI Plan One, Two, Three and Four.  To reveal which Soviet AI plan is active a friendly unit is moved next to a plan building.  The plan building which displays a tentative Soviet contact inside is the current AI plan.  A friendly scout team is in the area and can be used to identify the AI plan if desired.  If a player does not wish to know which AI plan is active the buildings are easily avoided.   

Q9L6TYih.jpg

This feature may assist with the replay value.  Since this is a mini-campaign instead of a stand alone scenario it is more complicated than just opening the editor to turn off / on AI plans.  In the above example if a player has already fought against Plan #3 he can choose to start over.  Starting over is a little of a PITA but might be easier than trying to use the scenario de-compiler and then opening the editor.  Even after all that you would still need to know which plan to turn off.

As the briefing states if a player does not wish to know which AI plan is active the buildings are easily avoided.  

A new flavor object mod created by @Aquila-SmartWargames is pending upload to CMMODS IV.  Aquila gave his permission to use and upload the mod of a German BF109.  It is recommended for use in the mini-campaign Alarmeinheiten.  This flavor object mod was added to an extra CMRT Flavor Object slot, telephone pole, slot seven.   

2DpTH46h.jpg

YJSSOLFh.jpg

• 1 month later...

The mini-campaign Alarmeinheiten has been posted at the FGM Scenario Depot III.  Link below.

https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/cm-red-thunder/cm-red-thunder-campaigns/cmrt-mini-campaign-alarmeinheiten/

From the Scenario Depot description:

It is late World War Two on the Eastern front.  You command a German alarm unit (alarmeinheiten) and are tasked to counter and destroy multiple Soviet breakthroughs in order to hold the front line.  Your alarm unit will maneuver in multiple battles on a 13.5 square kilometer map while protecting rear area logistics from partisans.  Decide if you want to command units of mostly common German vehicles or a more exotic mix of German vehicles to include some limited, rare and unique vehicles.  Make decisions on how you will employ your limited resources to hold the line.  Will you call up a weakened reserve unit or maybe an SS unit specializing in anti-partisan operations?   Should you rely on vehicles from the battalion repair shop?  The battalion aid station contains weakened, unfit, low morale troops.  Maybe these troops could form a blocking force while the alarm unit struck the flank of the latest breakthrough?  There are a handful of Luftwaffe security troops at the airfield that you might use somewhere.   These are all your decisions to make Commander.    As you look up from the map board and radios in your command track the sound of combat comes from the east. Which of the four avenues of approach is it this time………? Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...