CMFI throwing App Error Event

Howler

New system build...copied installs from older drive to new one. Activated as required. Couldn't be more pleased with the result.

All (CMBN, CMBS, CMSF2, CMFI) apps pause for 10 sec before starting (Battlefront splash window). Only CMFI throws the error in the event log (shown below). I've only played a few hours of mostly CMSF2 which has been smooth and error free.

CMFI plays but an application (error) event is thrown in the background.  Otherwise, the game starts, loads, and plays fine based on my limited play sessions. I downloaded the installer again despite the md5sum check passing on my original copy. Re-installed CMFI and CMBN (re-install test case) whereas the other two titles remain merely copied over and activated.

ALL CM apps stall for 10s and don't crash allowing for normal play. I only discovered the CMFI issue while auditing the events log a day later. The strange thing I'll add is that the install size shows 16.5 GB. While the CMBN test case installed size shows a more reasonable 4.5 GB.

Anyhow, thought I'd mention it in case it's helpful to battlefront.

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          2020-02-09 9:03:10 AM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      ##### (edit)
Description:
Faulting application name: CM Fortress Italy.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5dddccc2
Faulting module name: CM Fortress Italy.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5dddccc2
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00001fa8
Faulting process id: 0x2190
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5df51a925b467
Faulting application path: C:\Games\Battlefront\Combat Mission Fortress Italy\CM Fortress Italy.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Games\Battlefront\Combat Mission Fortress Italy\CM Fortress Italy.exe