Kampfgruppe Peiper - Rushing Stavelot

I've been playing the campaign for some time and I can't seem to get through Stavelot. I get my units through the town fairly intact but the battle report at the end continues to say I've not occupied the objectives. I clear all the green areas but it doesn't indicate I've cleared them.

Am I doing something wrong? Usually, one a "green" area is occupied the "green" color goes away. This hasn't happened in this scenario.

Edited by jgorski52

CM2 has "very delicate" victory conditions.  In some cases a single cowering enemy individual can be enuff to deprive you of the objective.  

When a Green objective color disappears that means it was a "Touch Objective" (and you do not have to leave troops there as a garrison).  If the Green color stays... that will be an "Occupy Objective" and you need to occupy it and ensure no enemy hiding anywhere.