Somewhat Buyers Remorse...

I bought the CMSF2 with all of the modules, everything was going great until I downloaded the demo for CBBN, damn, this is very likely the best looking and most polished game in the entire battlefront series. Everything about it's good, other than CONSTANTLY fighting through bocage 24x7, haha. I like the look of the maps much more, better overall foliage to hide and conceal troops, tanks and such appear much more detailed, higher quality textures and soldiers appear to be tremendously more responsive, could be me, though they appear to be more organic feeling. Great mix of nations and equipment. I have a date with destiny someday for this game...wished it was now. In terms of overall quality and enjoyment I would rank my experiences so far: (1) CMBN, (2) CMBS, (2A), CMSF2, I believe CMBS is incredible in its own right, just too narrowly focused in comparison to the other two.

CM:BN is the only game more developed than CM:SF2, but it also has a few issues right now.....Some of the user created content from older iterations of the game does not seem to behave at all well with newer patches.  Further there is the now notorious 'Bocage-Bug', which is driving several long time CM:BN players, including me, nuts!  ;)

The grass is always greener, as they say.....On the subject of which, once 'Heaven & Earth' is released you will get another full CM:SF2 game for free (I recommend a seperate install, it really is that different).  :D

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Spending all your time in bocage country is really not what happens in CMBN. CMBN + Commonwealth was my intro to CM in general, and I recall many battles that had no bocage at all. This only is more true if you buy the Market Garden add-on. There are over 900 maps if you buy the entire collection and while there are plenty of bocage maps to satisfy those who want to slog through the early days after d-day, there are even more that have no bocage at all. 

Just now, Bud Backer said:

Spending all your time in bocage country is really not what happens in CMBN. CMBN + Commonwealth was my intro to CM in general, and I recall many battles that had no bocage at all. This only is more true if you buy the Market Garden add-on. There are over 900 maps if you buy the entire collection and while there are plenty of bocage maps to satisfy those who want to slog through the early days after d-day, there are even more that have no bocage at all. 

Dang it man, now you have me wanting it more so, LOL!

yeah, I concur w what Bud Backer said:  Normandy is only one part of the CMBN world.  MG has great battles and scenarios.  I am currently fighting MG: Counterattack at Son as Germans.  That is a crazy fight, no bocage.  Lots of classic Holland terrain, relatively flat w lots of ditches & water obstacles.  And lots of nasty American paras and sneaky Brits.  My force looked unstoppable when I started.  Lots of infantry, a big bunch of panthers -- what could go wrong?  

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

The sheer value for money is staggering when you think just how many hours of gaming you can get from these titles, especially if you are not afraid to dive into the editor and have a go at creating your own content ('The Game Within The Game', as it's known to many).  ;)

Absolutely, no doubt.

Honnêtement CMBN a été un choc pour moi
je suis né en Normandie et j'y habite et cette histoire, cette bataille c'est ma vie car ma famille était là en 44 et mon boulot c'est de l'expliquer.
Je suis toujours impressionné par la proximité du jeu avec la réalité
J'adore me battre dans le bocage, ma nation préférée y a joué les Américains avec leur puissance de feu et j'aime jouer avec l'infanterie Greene
juste un reproche dans le bocage (ce qui est souvent critiqué au contraire) les champs sont trop grands. en réalité la visibilité à plus de 50 m est un luxe en 1944
souvent les concepteurs de cartes s'appuient sur google map mais depuis les champs ont été considérablement agrandis

but apart from that what foot
a great game

Edited by Falaise

53 minutes ago, lsailer said:

Coming back t gaming after ten years away, I bought CMBN and some add-ons and have been very pleased with the value.  Only roblem is that I am now addicted to CM youtube videos instead of actually playing.

Hahaha, found myself watching the entire series of unit showcases, one poster has every unit for every game displayed, he did an awesome job!

On 1/27/2020 at 8:02 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

The sheer value for money is staggering when you think just how many hours of gaming you can get from these titles, especially if you are not afraid to dive into the editor and have a go at creating your own content ('The Game Within The Game', as it's known to many).  ;)

Hm, good point. If I count CM1, I am playing CM for more than 20 years now. I don’t have the actual numbers available, but I don’t think I spent more than USD 500 in total. Comes to less than USD 25 per year. Not too shabby.😎