China, Israel, France and other TO&Es!?!

philstat

It would great if you could get modules outside the scope of this conflict to introduce additional armies into the mix, would be a boon for everyone, devs and consumers. Would also be nice to see SOF and other unconventional units mixed in to a degree. Can you imagine how cool Merkavas would look for example in this engine, would be fantastic...

Edited by philstat

Not sure how the first two would get to the Ukraine?

Don't disagree with the broader idea at all (many of us would love a sandbox type game on this engine), but that's not really how BfC seem to work.

If you would be interested in a fully-modded far-eastern variant of CM:SF2, keep an eye on the 'Heaven & Earth' thread:

You guys are doing an amazing job creating a "Vietnam-like/SE Asian-looking" super mod.  So, in theory nothing wrong with an IDF-Arab mod - other than possible political sensitivities.

For that matter how come wargamers are still sexist and do not make female pixeltruppen mods for the CM games?

Many of the names in CM:BS are feminine (Ivanova etc.).

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

So, in theory nothing wrong with an IDF-Arab mod - other than possible political sensitivities.

In some ways it might actually be easier to do than 'Heaven  Earth'.....A pretty tolerable Magach could be made by dropping a variant of our M60 onto the Canadian Leopard C2 Mexas.  A Merkava II or III could be represented by one of the lower end Abrams variants.  I guess what it really needs is someone to give it the required time and effort (which are not inconsiderable).

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

• 2 weeks later...

So is that mod a 

On 1/25/2020 at 2:17 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Not sure how the first two would get to the Ukraine?

Don't disagree with the broader idea at all (many of us would love a sandbox type game on this engine), but that's not really how BfC seem to work.

If you would be interested in a fully-modded far-eastern variant of CM:SF2, keep an eye on the 'Heaven & Earth' thread:

So is this a Vietnam war mod? Because I don't see any Far-east Asian nation units or terrains. It looks like... Vietnam with Abrams tank? Could you introduce us more? 

I know very little of modern French military equipment, but as a long-time Francophile, I would love to see a French module in Black Sea. I have been very much enjoying the Free French army in CMRV.

I'm sure after playing it for a few months, I would know a lot about the modern French military!

22 hours ago, Freyberg said:

I know very little of modern French military equipment, but as a long-time Francophile, I would love to see a French module in Black Sea. I have been very much enjoying the Free French army in CMRV.

I'm sure after playing it for a few months, I would know a lot about the modern French military!

The new Scorpion program is starting to be delivered right now:

https://www.defense.gouv.fr/terre/equipements/scorpion/scorpion/scorpion2/presentation2

2 hours ago, AlanSA said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but does the Heaven & Earth mod require all SF2 modules?

So far, most of the content the team is producing will require the Marines module however (as it's a full conversion now) anybody will be able to play any scenario/create further content for the modules they own.

Off the top of my head, five of the conversions that I've quickly rustled up need the base game only. Whilst one of the "Modern-era" conversions will require the Brits and two the NATO pack.

I also added a tag [rvnaf] that allows scenario creators to give red forces american air/helicopters/artillery but with red voices... very useful for those wanting to have air support for "Bong-Hai Civil War" (Red vs Red) battles without requiring the NATO module (which activates proper Red airforces).

I believe the mini-campaign that @Sgt.Squarehead is working on will be base game only too,  @Combatintman even made some quick battle maps.

The "open beta" public release, v0.96, should be ready in a few weeks.

Edited by 37mm

On 2/4/2020 at 8:40 PM, 37mm said:

lol...

This is Vietnam, isn't it? Palm tree, rice field, tree house... As a person who has relatives in Korea and China, I can tell those are not Far East Asia (Northern China, Korea and Japan). Those are typical of South East Asian terrain and structures like Vietnam. Maybe you could claim as Guam or Taiwan, and I think Guam would be fine. But even Taiwan does not have that much amount of palm tree as far as I know. 

Edited by exsonic01

On 2/6/2020 at 2:49 PM, exsonic01 said:

This is Vietnam, isn't it? Palm tree, rice field, tree house... As a person who has relatives in Korea and China, I can tell those are not Far East Asia (Northern China, Korea and Japan). Those are typical of South East Asian terrain and structures like Vietnam. Maybe you could claim as Guam or Taiwan, and I think Guam would be fine. But even Taiwan does not have that much amount of palm tree as far as I know

The internet disagrees … 😀.

https://bicycletouringpro.com/full-circle-taiwan-cycling-adventure/

https://www.gettyimages.com.au/detail/photo/misty-jungle-of-palm-trees-in-taiwan-royalty-free-image/695534000

On 2/3/2020 at 9:32 PM, Freyberg said:

If you're interested I've made several posts on the modern French army (circa 2017-2018) in this thread :

I go over organisation, doctrines, units operationnal capabilities and a scenario in which french forces take part in CM:BS campaign.

8 hours ago, FoxZz said:

If you're interested I've made several posts on the modern French army (circa 2017-2018) in this thread :

I go over organisation, doctrines, units operationnal capabilities and a scenario in which french forces take part in CM:BS campaign.

That's an interesting thread - thank you. :)

On 2/10/2020 at 1:32 AM, Combatintman said:

Thanks to share, fair enough, it seems Taiwan has good enough amount of palm trees. Maybe some far-south islands of Japan would have too.

But I would still argue these cannot be a "Fareast Asia" or "Northeast Asia" which covers Korea, Japan, and Northern China. It would be better to be described as "Southeast Asia".