Recently Purchased CMBS

philstat

I picked this up a week or so after trying the demos for CMBS and CMSF2, I like this setting better, especially from a terrain and concealment perspective. The TO&E for the later is more flushed out, though I just couldn't get past the desert setting, and the cost, $125 is a lot of coin, haha. I noticed the towed artillery in this game just shows up on the map without a prime mover, is this by design or what? Troops pack in the limbers and move it manually though they CONSTANTLY get stuck on any type of foliage, it's frustrating to watch. I was somewhat disappointed that air assets are not observable in any type of way, takes away from the aesthetic immersion, would be cool for example to see an Orlan 10 scouring around the battlefield.

Edited by philstat

11 hours ago, Zveroboy1 said:

What do you mean by towed artillery? Are you talking about the MT-12?

Yes, when I purchase it, shows up on the map with a few soldiers and no prime mover to move it across the map. IMHO referenced the MTLB which makes sense will look for that as an option.

2 hours ago, philstat said:

Yes, when I purchase it, shows up on the map with a few soldiers and no prime mover to move it across the map.

Do you purchase them in formations or stand-alone? If purchased as part of the formation the prime mover comes with the gun. But you can limber the gun to any primer mover even if it's not part of the same formation.

Edited by IMHO

I did a quick check (which was great fun, BTW). If you do a QB purchase from 'infantry only' there's no transport for for the MT-12. If you're doing a 'mixed' fight and have access to mech infantry the gun comes with its own transport. Or you can purchase a separate vehicle for towing.

You're in better luck than with some WWII guns. WWII 88s and AA autocannons can't be shifted at all. The big wheeled 88 Pak 43/41 can be moved (slowly) by its crew but there's no transport robust enough to tow it.

3 hours ago, IMHO said:

Do you purchase them in formations or stand-alone? If purchased as part of the formation the prime mover comes with the gun. But you can limber the gun to any primer mover even if it's not part of the same formation.

I was getting them as stand-alones, figured out, now I'm getting MTLBs and other vehicles to move them, like that you have some options to work with.

45 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I did a quick check (which was great fun, BTW). If you do a QB purchase from 'infantry only' there's no transport for for the MT-12. If you're doing a 'mixed' fight and have access to mech infantry the gun comes with its own transport. Or you can purchase a separate vehicle for towing.

You're in better luck than with some WWII guns. WWII 88s and AA autocannons can't be shifted at all. The big wheeled 88 Pak 43/41 can be moved (slowly) by its crew but there's no transport robust enough to tow it.

Definitely noticed a lot of these small intricacies to try out, thanks for the heads-up! AA autocannons are great if you get them at the right elevation for infantry suppression.

9 hours ago, philstat said:

Definitely noticed a lot of these small intricacies to try out, thanks for the heads-up! AA autocannons are great if you get them at the right elevation for infantry suppression.

Yes they are wonderful at shredding exposed infantry. From a current project:

49437616682_49eafe7837_o_d.jpg

Edited by Bud Backer