New Module coming For Blitzkrieg

4 hours ago, J Bennett said:

I'm very excited about this new historical model. Maybe late this year, We can hope.

Yes, I'm also excited about any New Models that the upcoming Final blitzkrieg Module has to offer...Ok, you can thank me for that save at anytime ;)

• 2 months later...

I wish that the release won't take too much time, once time that BF decides start the project. Think that mostly of the german stuff and buildings are finished in F&R module. The british, canadians and americans vehicles won't be so different to Normandy scenary and the newest toys can be imported from RtV. IMO, adding a few tanks (thinking in Persings tanks, LVT, etc) and a little touch-up of the TO&E's mostly of the work will be the missions design.
Now the main question is if after Fire &Rumble next one will be FB module or the developers team will move to another games.
We must wait until next Steve's bone for know it.

22 hours ago, Jumpete said:

I wish that the release won't take too much time, once time that BF decides start the project. Think that mostly of the german stuff and buildings are finished in F&R module. The british, canadians and americans vehicles won't be so different to Normandy scenary and the newest toys can be imported from RtV. IMO, adding a few tanks (thinking in Persings tanks, LVT, etc) and a little touch-up of the TO&E's mostly of the work will be the missions design.
Now the main question is if after Fire &Rumble next one will be FB module or the developers team will move to another games.
We must wait until next Steve's bone for know it.

Ask how that went for R2V - or put another way, the TO&E is not a little touch-up.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Battle for Bolsward Friesland. Canadian Engineers were coming. The bridge keeper refused to raise the bridge and run away. The two Germans in the town were not pleased and threw some stick grenades in his house. Found some explosives and blew the bridge up. They made their escape on their bicycles and the Canadians had a new Baily Bridge up by sunset. Combat Mission version. A company of Waffen SS has a pillbox and a minefield near the Bridge with some PAK 75 mm. British Commonwealth does an Assault with the new Comet Tanks and 25 Pounders on Call. The real scenario a truck with engineers and two German soldiers is too tiny. They were OK told my uncle to keep his refugee girl inside the house. Those 2 guys were correct just raise the bridge because their methods are not always pleasant. Makes a tiny engagement.  

12 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

The real scenario a truck with engineers and two German soldiers is too tiny.

Says who?  :angry:

NQbAqu8.jpg

Scripting for tiny forces is not impossible.....Just difficult & bloody time consuming (unless you want twenty minutes of nothing happening followed by a thirty second bloodbath)!  ;)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

5 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Says who?  :angry:

NQbAqu8.jpg

Scripting for tiny forces is not impossible.....Just difficult & bloody time consuming (unless you want twenty minutes of nothing happening followed by a thirty second bloodbath)!  ;)

Nice I have been toying with it. Have a Google map, located the house of my uncle nearby. If the bridge-keeper had raised the bridge nothing would have happened. The guards would have cycled back to Germany and the Canadians would have kept their Bailey bridge. Problem is the houses; I just must guess what the town looked like during WW2. The bridge in the game would be a mined bridge as you can't construct a baily bridge. Followed by urban action with the city hall as an objective. Attics in Dutch houses were used as a spare storage room or bedroom. The model doesn't exist in Battle for Normandy.