The assault mouvement works with Italians.

the assault mouvement works with Italians.
I never use the assault movement preferring to split my squads
and the Italians could not divide I thought that this function did not work with them
also it was by chance that I discovered that it worked which is of course very practical especially as the function avoids that the squad does not pass through different doors

33 minutes ago, SimpleSimon said:

And like lol...is there a reason it shouldn't? A straight ahead fire and advance command isn't really a lot to ask of troops no matter how terrible the quality. Guys just expect it to work against 50 Americans in a trench line with a pair of Browning .30cals on overwatch….

It's not a question of capability, but doctrine. The Italian platoons are two ten-man squads and an HQ. One squad has two LMGs and is the base of fire, and the other has the balance of grenades and is the manoeuvre element. The manuals talk about splitting these only in "exceptional" circumstances only, so this is the logic  behind not allowing them to split.

The reason why you can use Assault commands is that the same manuals talk about advancing that way (fire and movement) when under fire, so this is how CMFI ended up with this model. It's a nice compromise which maintains the awkwardness of the TOE.

9 hours ago, domfluff said:

It's not a question of capability, but doctrine. The Italian platoons are two ten-man squads and an HQ. One squad has two LMGs and is the base of fire, and the other has the balance of grenades and is the manoeuvre element. The manuals talk about splitting these only in "exceptional" circumstances only, so this is the logic  behind not allowing them to split.

Yes, that's why I thought it was impossible and that I hadn't tried it.
For more realism it may be necessary to avoid it,
however the fact that under this command the soldiers all go by the same door presents a certain interest in urban combat !!!

Well, exceptional was in the context of something other than an attack. They were still expected to bound to the target - "Assault" should be SOP for them. The combination of fire from the LMG and (really importantly) massed Brixia fire is how that's supposed to actually achieve anything.