Is there a Mod site somewhere?

2 hours ago, BluecherForward said:

Hi, I am hoping there might be some go-to place for modifications of the various Combat Mission games (WWII). Does anyone know of one?   

And below is a link to the older Mods site.  All the content is in the process of being moved to the new site (which is linked above by @Commanderski) however a lot of mods are still at the older site.  Have fun. 

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/  

Edited by MOS:96B2P

1 hour ago, BluecherForward said:

Thanks MOS:96B2P,  I understand that you have to remove all mods before upgrading right? Just want to know some of the ins and outs.

It is recommended.  Just drag the mod folder onto the desktop.  Upgrade.  Start the game and give a quick look to make sure everything is running as it should. Drag the mod folder back into the game and restart the game with the mods.  

Having said all the above I forget to take out the mods folder half the time and have not had a problem. :)

BluecherForward, from the hive’s collective experience with mods and installs, it seems that only mods with “strings” text cause problems, and the only one that I know of or have ever seen is Vin’s UI mod. I haven’t used it much, myself, but when it is in my mods folder, I always take it out when I install the game/modules/patches, etc. I leave the remaining scores/hundreds of mods in. I have never had a problem.

What you put in, you can take back out.....So long as you don't drop a metric s**t-ton of mods into your folder all at once, it's easy enough to keep track of what works and what doesn't.

I suppose this is the real reason for removing your mods prior to patching.....So that you can reintroduce them systematically and if there's a problem, you'll know where it arose immediately.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead