Loss of tank crew

1 hour ago, CanuckGamer said:

The commander of a German tank was killed.  How does that effect the tank.  I assume that if the gunner or loader were killed it can't fire it's cannon.  Also if the driver is killed it is immobilized.  Are my assumptions correct?  Thanks.

If the tank is still operational the crew will switch positions to keep fighting the tank.  One of the biggest disadvantages to the TC getting killed in WW2 titles is the binoculars are lost with him.  His replacement will try to do the same job minus the binoculars.  IIRC they can fight most tanks with only two crew members.  A driver and gunner.  After they get down to two men they will no longer open the TC's hatch to spot since there is no longer anyone in that position. 

Another disadvantage to the Track Commander (TC) getting KIA is he is often the platoon or company commander.  If both the CO and XO are KIA you will loose C2 for that unit.      

Edited by MOS:96B2P

ON a related note:  let's say you have a tanked that is immobilized but otherwise fine and a second where a number of the crew have been killed but the tank is still in good shape.  Can you move the crew from the immobilized tank to the other tank after that crew has bailed?

Sadly not.  :(

That's something I'd like to see changed TBH (plenty of historical precedent).....Unrestricrted crew swapping can add huge amounts of interest to this game (IMHO).

This sort of thing:

LlwprX5.jpg

For instance.....But with a lot more options.  B)

I tried to make a scenario with German stragglers driving Soviet vehicles in CM:RT.....No dice.  :unsure: