The Year Ahead Bone Post

3 hours ago, JoMc67 said:

I sure hope so...We have Commonwealth in CM:BN, CM:FI, and we should see it in CM:FB :angry:

Commonwealth Forces are a go for the CMFB Module!  There's not much that changes with the US forces, so bringing the CW into CMFB gives the Allied side a nice boost that otherwise wouldn't be there.  On the German side there's a lot of stuff to add.

Steve

Thanks for the  update Steve, looks like another great year on various virtual battlefields.

CW forces for FB is high on my list - I have a finished map of Dinant that can be fleshed out for a what-if last stand at the Meuse with the forces who defended that area.

Regarding BS - no NATO/EU forces on the horizon? Have you ever considered making force only modules without scenarios/campaigns included?

The screenshots for Fire and Rubble looks awesome. Maye realese some wallpapers?

Oh, and post this news in other forums as well. 

12 minutes ago, Jumpete said:

If the RT module is released along this winter (presumably) is this meaning that the preorders are at the gates?

It took 5 months to go from pre-order to release for RTV.  So we should have pre-ordered it 2 months ago if we are getting a winter release...😉 

Edited by wadepm

In the beautiful screenshots, that Soviet soldier looks a little under dressed for the cold winter.

His babushka is very worried he will get the sniffles.

Can we expect some telogreika quilted uniforms and valenki felt boots and ushanka fur hats?

Will we perhaps see the amoeba camo for razvedchiki?

1 hour ago, wadepm said:

It took 5 months to go from pre-order to release for RTV.  So we should have pre-ordered it 2 months ago if we are getting a winter release...😉 

Maybe you're right (I hope not) but based on Steve's words the work is to much advanced on RT module. It's true that not always the plans and the time walk together in the BF bureau but to keep the hope is free ;).

20 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

In the beautiful screenshots, that Soviet soldier looks a little under dressed for the cold winter.

His babushka is very worried he will get the sniffles.

Can we expect some telogreika quilted uniforms and valenki felt boots and ushanka fur hats?

Will we perhaps see the amoeba camo for razvedchiki?

And you win the prize for pointing this out first 🙂  Winter padded uniform textures aren't integrated yet, so we limited screenshots of Soviets to just the one.  Do not worry... full on Soviet winter uniforms will be a part of Fire and Rubble.

The preorder window for Rome to Victory was opened a wee bit longer than we would have liked.  This time we'll err on the side of opening up closer to release than we did with R2V.

Back to the question about EU/NATO forces getting added to CMBS, it's possible but definitely not with this first Module.

Steve

5 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Commonwealth Forces are a go for the CMFB Module!  There's not much that changes with the US forces, so bringing the CW into CMFB gives the Allied side a nice boost that otherwise wouldn't be there.  On the German side there's a lot of stuff to add.

Steve

Glad to hear about CW and German additions both!

6 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Steve

I'd like to see Schwimmwagen and LVT for crossing the Rhine in the FB module, especially because we've the amphibious technology since SF2. Also would be interesting to see that 'a lot of stuff' for germans. I suppose that many of that stuff will be also in RT module. When will we see the TO&E for 'Fire and Rubble' (or it will be needed wait until preorder for know it)?

I am excited to see if this module will include the historical presence of Germany scrounging the bottom of the barrel and training units to employ obsolete, earlier WW2 vehicles as a last ditch in the Gö́tterdämmerung. I have a book around here somewhere....

Because I think this would allow some modding to create or attempt to create pre-1944 East Front situations... 

...obviously doesn't hold out hope to get us earlier versions or models of Soviet vehicles.

5 hours ago, Jumpete said:

I'd like to see Schwimmwagen and LVT for crossing the Rhine in the FB module, especially because we've the amphibious technology since SF2. Also would be interesting to see that 'a lot of stuff' for germans. I suppose that many of that stuff will be also in RT module. When will we see the TO&E for 'Fire and Rubble' (or it will be needed wait until preorder for know it)?

This, also in other titles, don't forget the Seep:

1942-1944-jeep-8.jpg

14 minutes ago, Stugdownunder said:

Thanks Steve for the update. Any chance of getting a Sherman Dozer in the FB module need one for my Utah beach scenarios I'm making cheers!😎

& this come to mention it.  ;)

T-34 minerollers would be very useful too. 

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

1 hour ago, Stugdownunder said:

Thanks Steve for the update. Any chance of getting a Sherman Dozer in the FB module need one for my Utah beach scenarios I'm making cheers!😎

I doubt that will happen as it would require a lot of extra coding and graphics for the dozer use. It's not like BFC to add something to a game and not have it perform its function.

Id Be happy if it acted like the engineers when they flag a mine taking one turn to move next to the dragons teeth and the next turn the dragons teeth disappear simulating the dozer clearing the obstacles out of the way. I realise it wouldn't be used for making pathways through beach draws and things which would be too hard to simulate. Maybe it could be used to clear tall walls also?😎

On 1/1/2020 at 9:08 PM, Battlefront.com said:

The most immediate of which is Fire and Rubble, the long awaited first Module for CM Red Thunder.  This is a joint internal/external project which is in a very advanced state right now.

This is great news, really looking forward to Fire and Rubble module.

About lend lease stuff: will BF introduce both the 75 mm and the 76 mm "Emcha" into the module ?