Change folder for user files

The game looks for those files in the current user's documents folder. So, you have to look up the Windows (if you are on a Mac I have no idea) way to move the user documents folder.

This looks relevant: https://www.pcworld.com/article/3025345/move-your-windows-10-libraries-to-a-separate-drive-or-partition.html

Several of us have done it and it works.

No, there is no setting...

oops you are probably talking about Battle for Normandy (the forum should have given me a clue: - ). For that game things are done differently. In the case of CMBN the Game Files directory is in the same directory as the game install. This is why the game defaults to a user folder (app data or my documents I cannot remember). Bottom line is the game and the scenario files are in the same folder.

^^^

What IanL is mentioning is that CMBN uses a different file location than ANY OTHER CMx2 game. (CMRT, CMFI, CMSF2, etc.)

So, CMBN will put savegames, scenarios, campaigns, etc., in a subdirectory. The others put savegames, scenarios, etc., in the Users Documents, wherever you've put that.

There is NO REQUIREMENT to have CMBN on any particular drive. One of my rigs has 7 different drives (NVMe, SSD, spinners). I've put my CMBN on my "F" drive, an SSD.

If you just move your entire CMBN install to where you'd like it, and then repoint your shortcut, it should work just fine.

Load times are due to world building and, I think, figuring out firing calculations ahead of time... or something like that. The upshot is where the scenario's located on your computer should make no difference for load speeds. First it uploads the scenario then the laborious calculations start. Calculations grow exponentially as map sizes increase