Looking for Monte Cassino map that includes monastery?

I did find the Monte Cassino master map, but that doesn't include the monastery, I think. Does anyone know whether there is a Monte Cassion map that includes the monastery itself?

Edit: found one, called Monte Cassino the outcome. Great looking map! Perhaps there are others as well?

Edited by Aragorn2002

That one is not to scale. The last mission in the Polish campaign has a part of the monestary.

I have a plan to make a master map spanning St Pasquale - Rapido - Cassino town - Hangman’s hill - Castle Hill and up and including the monestary. 

What is your interest In doing?

19 minutes ago, LiveNoMore said:

I visited the area of Monte Cassino a few years ago. Standing at the bottom of the hill and looking up at the Monastery really gives you an idea of how hard the Allies had it. The Germans had LOS for miles in all directions. 

I had one day to visit that area back in 1978. View from the monastery was very poor.  Probably due to the fog. 😀

8 hours ago, rocketman said:

Cool. I'm in a map making mood and I think it will be an interesting mix of mountain, urban and rural areas.

There is a good Youtube channel that has made a series of videos of all major battles in the area. Here is a link to the first one:

Good overview of the situation, thanks. Looking forward to your map too. Especially in winter conditions.

7 hours ago, LiveNoMore said:

I visited the area of Monte Cassino a few years ago. Standing at the bottom of the hill and looking up at the Monastery really gives you an idea of how hard the Allies had it. The Germans had LOS for miles in all directions. 

Yes, must have looked like Mount Doom (for LOTR-fans like myself) for the Allied soldiers.

Well I'll be darned, the Monte Cassino Master maps (four for seperate starting days) have been there all along and was probably shipped with GL. Never occured to me that they were in a seperate folder and not the scenario one. I suppose they can be enhanced with streams that have been added to FI later on. Also the roads aren't really roads but tiles of pavement. Not sure why.

So I guess I have to turn my attention elsewhere to satisfy my map making urge. 

18 hours ago, rocketman said:

Well I'll be darned, the Monte Cassino Master maps (four for seperate starting days) have been there all along and was probably shipped with GL. Never occured to me that they were in a seperate folder and not the scenario one.

Really?  :o

What are they called please.....I was sure that I'd seen maps of Cassino including the monastary, when browsing in the scenario editor (and intended to post here to that effect), but I can't find them now.  :unsure:

Very strange. Anyone else not seeing these? Are they official @BFCElvis ?

@Sgt.Squarehead I will PM you a link and I can post it later on in this thread if the maps are indeed made for the public.

Must say I'm a bit sad not getting to do this, guess I have to find some other hilly terrain in Italy to make a map of. Lucky me that there is plenty of that.

Dude, as you know I have all the CM products and I reinstalled from full installers not that long ago (with your help).....But there was no sign of these maps in my install.  :unsure:

PS - @rocketman  PM received with thanks.  B)

PPS - Just looked at them in the editor, they are definitely the maps I remember, which means they didn't come with R2V.....@BFCElvis, is it possible that the Master Maps folder was somehow overwritten when I installed R2V? 

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

10 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

@rocketman  Is there any chance you could post those somewhere please? 

I have the Venafro map in my Master Maps folder, but the Cassino maps didn't appear for me, despite owning everything (& I do mean everything).  :angry:

Same here. I must confess not having spent much time in Italy up tilL now,, but when I checked the master maps folder last week, I was surprised to see only one, the Venafro map.

6 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Dude, as you know I have all the CM products and I reinstalled from full installers not that long ago (with your help).....But there was no sign of these maps in my install.  :unsure:

PPS - Just looked at them in the editor, they are definitely the maps I remember, which means they didn't come with R2V.....@BFCElvis, is it possible that the Master Maps folder was somehow overwritten when I installed R2V? 

That sounds possible.

7 hours ago, rocketman said:

Very strange. Anyone else not seeing these? Are they official @BFCElvis ?

@Sgt.Squarehead I will PM you a link and I can post it later on in this thread if the maps are indeed made for the public.

Must say I'm a bit sad not getting to do this, guess I have to find some other hilly terrain in Italy to make a map of. Lucky me that there is plenty of that.

Rocketman, would you mind sharing these maps with me, please?

10 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

@rocketman  Is there any chance you could post those somewhere please? 

I have the Venafro map in my Master Maps folder, but the Cassino maps didn't appear for me, despite owning everything (& I do mean everything).  :angry:

Seems to be a general issue maybe with the patch, as I don't have the Cassino Master Maps any more as well, only the Venafro Map is in the folder.

13 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Hhmmm....I will recheck the installers. But one thing that I know for sure....They were not released before R2V. They are  100% new to the game with R2V. As we got close to release (please forgive me for not remembering who) the map maker pointed out that they weren't in. So, they were added at the last minute. I suppose that it is possible that they ended up in the full installer's build but not the patches. I can't check it now but I will check into it. If I find that is the case then I will probably create a more official link (similar to the CMSF2 campaigns) and post it.