Jump to content

Mission to Maas


Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

Just an FYI, Bulletpoint, but one of my PzIV’s bogged, then eventually immobilized, just north of the bridge when I pulled it off to the side of the road next to a hedge on Turn 2, lol!

The exeption that proves the rule :)

Freezing temperatures don't prevent bogging completely, but it does make it much less likely...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

Just an FYI, Bulletpoint, but one of my PzIV’s bogged, then eventually immobilized, just north of the bridge when I pulled it off to the side of the road next to a hedge on Turn 2, lol!

As I mentioned previously, one of my PzIV did that of it's own accord also on Turn 2. Which would suggest the freezing air temperature does not turn all muddy ground rock hard automatically, which makes sense to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mjkerner said:

Funny thing was that I had just read Bulletpoint’s comment about muddy/freezing settings—mentally agreeing with him completely—then immediately went to try out the new scenario. It literally wasn’t even 10 minutes later that I had the bogged/immobilized tank!

As they say, your mileage may - quite literally - vary :) I'm now 40 minutes in and haven't even seen a single vehicle "bog", let alone immobilise.

Edited by Bulletpoint
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Darn! I just found out that I forgot to place the TRP! Even though the briefing reminded me of it.

You can't prevent user stupidity completely, but maybe it would be better to place the TRP together with the Panzerspitze troops - it's easy to overlook when it's placed down at the border of the map inside a forest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bulletpoint said:

You can't prevent user stupidity completely, but maybe it would be better to place the TRP together with the Panzerspitze troops - it's easy to overlook when it's placed down at the border of the map inside a forest.

This is a good point.  I knew I would probably forget to move the TRP so after reading about it in the briefing I immediately placed it on the road in between the setup zone and the Moulin Marechal Farm just south of the bridge.  I knew I would see it continuously as I plotted movement waypoints down that road. 

The initial TRP placement would be an easy fix if there are plans to make some tweaks to this scenario (along with interior building doors where appropriate).  

I'm at 0905hrs and it takes a bit for my PC to load the game but I'm enjoying it.  :)       

Edited by MOS:96B2P
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:
1 hour ago, Bulletpoint said:

You can't prevent user stupidity completely, but maybe it would be better to place the TRP together with the Panzerspitze troops - it's easy to overlook when it's placed down at the border of the map inside a forest.

This is a good point.  I knew I would probably forget to move the TRP so after reading about it in the briefing I immediately placed it on the road in between the setup zone and the Moulin Marechal Farm just south of the bridge.  I knew I would see it continuously as I plotted movement waypoints down that road. 

I guess I'll pretend the missing TRP is due to shoddy staff work by some recently promoted greenhorn. Peiper is führious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awesome screenshots, bringing the scenario to life, couldn't have asked for better.

On other comments, I will produce a Version 2 in the New Year and the TRP will be moved to avoid Peiper getting angry with some exhausted staff officer.

And add more interconnecting doors where appropriate. I have made some of the Chateau open plan inside but agree could be more. The reception area of the chateau is one of the buildings you cannot modify unfortunately. And one of the buildings represents a chapel, so I'm not sure there are interconnecting doors but take the point on board. It was quite  tricky getting an acceptable visual representation of the Chateau and Sanitorium.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

A column of Panzer IVJs...

Beautiful screenshot...

missing really this kind of pictures for CMBN,  tank riders is for me a must, this can change sometime the issue of the battle, speed is sometime the key of the victory !

QKDpKxdh.jpg

 

Edited by 3j2m7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, theforger said:

On other comments, I will produce a Version 2 in the New Year and the TRP will be moved to avoid Peiper getting angry with some exhausted staff officer.

Don't worry, the offending officer has been demoted and now keeps watch over the Kampfgruppe's prisoners of war. He has been ordered to not let anyone escape. Surely he won't be able to screw up such a simple assignment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, IanL said:
On 12/15/2019 at 3:20 PM, Bulletpoint said:

Shaders OFF:

 <images snipped>

Shaders ON:

Yeah that's a fog rendering bug. Bummer we though we go all those. Can you see this just by starting the battle?

Yep, it's a regular thing. But often only appears when activating the zoom function. Which I use very often because it helps estimate LOS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/16/2019 at 9:21 PM, Warts 'n' all said:

I'm just over half an hour into this. And I'm enjoying it. Although one of my Flak guns decided to get involved in an infantry firefight, swung it's gun around 90 degrees and killed four of his own mates.

You should be more careful. It sounds like you had a flak of attention.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

You should be more careful. It sounds like you had a flak of attention.

With puns that bad you could get a job with a certain tax dodging Australian megalomaniac. But, at least you have the excuse that English isn't your native language. In the meantime I have been paying more attention to my Flak boys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...