CMBN: Road to Nijmegen: Heuman Lock Bridge Bug

Hardradi

I´ve played it a couple of months ago and while the mission ends in a tactical defeat due to the bugged bridge at least the campaign can be continued.

On 12/13/2019 at 2:29 AM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Did anyone try de-compiling the campaign, removing the bridge, re-saving the map, replace the bridge and test? 

If the de-compiled scenario works at this point, it should be safe to re-compile the campaign.

I believed that decompiling a campaign ends up with losing metadata. So is there a way to decompile, modifiy, and recompile a campaign without this downside?

Edited by Aquila-CM

20 hours ago, Aquila-CM said:

I believed that decompiling a campaign ends up with losing metadata. So is there a way to decompile, modifiy, and recompile a campaign without this downside?

Correct decompiling does not recreate the core units files or the script. You have to figure all that out again in order to rebuild.

22 hours ago, Aquila-CM said:

I´ve played it a couple of months ago and while the mission ends in a tactical defeat due to the bugged bridge at least the campaign can be continued.

1 hour ago, IanL said:

Correct decompiling does not recreate the core units files or the script. You have to figure all that out again in order to rebuild.

Thanks for letting me know. Sounds like it will break the whole campaign. Now I can see why it isn't an EASY fix.