CW Sherman Vc Firefly model (CMBN v4)

I've been modifying & modding all of the CW vehicles that Aris originally worked on and had left the Firefly until the end, when I noticed what I think is a problem with the model for the Sherman Vc Firefly.

The latest CMBN .brz file (v401) has a reworked Firefly with skins and normal maps but I think the model is the same old version.

If you look at the rear of the vehicle, which has the double rear doors for the reworked Firefly, the door hinges from the original model (single rear door) are visible through the skin.  Also, there are some additional hull protrusions coming out of the places where the newer, double door hinges are located.

Was there a fix released for this model somewhere?

I think that's the original model.

In the normandy v401.brz, there is a folder named "sherman vc firefly reworked cmbn".  Inside this folder are updated skins for a regular and muddy version of the Firefly.

This skin has some differences from the original CMBN Firefly (double rear hatches, reworked rear deck, and a few other minor differences); the turret also has a few changes but most are minor.  There are also normal maps for these skins. 

I would assume that since this is the last numerical BRZ file, this should be the version that gets utilized by the engine (barring any files in the Z folder).

I have been doing a lot of work with vehicle skins and even created an updated version of Aris' Firefly to match the 'reworked' Firefly.  Then I took a closer look at the images in the game engine and it is obvious that the model files haven't been updated (the issues I mentioned above).  I can't locate any updated .MDR files for this reworked Firefly. 

Why would Battlefront go to the trouble of creating updated Firefly skins/normal maps (that are included in an official release) but not include the updates to the actual model?  Do the updated model files exist?  If so, can we download them?

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, it is confirmed
Firefly sherman BRZ file is missing in file 401
you have to take the one from cmfi

Frenchy56  you are using an aris mod based on the old skin which corresponds to the old mdr which explains that you do not see the defaultthe firefly A4 has double doors without the exhaust outlets

thank you Darknight (DC)

besides there is a problem with the sherman v or A4
it should have a back identical to the sherman VC

Edited by Falaise

Back before Christmas, I created a new version of the Sherman Vc Firefly skins to be compatible with Aris' mods.

I am still adding proper decals (it's actually the last CW vehicle I have to do).  I plan to release the comprehensive mod once I finish, but I might be able to update the Firefly only on a shorter timetable if there's some demand.