Waypoints and experience related time penalties

Okay, so I dedusted my CMx2 copies on my new PC and trying to get back in the hype. I have not nearly played as much CMx2 as I have CMx1.

One of the things, I really, REALLY, liked from CMx1 is that the time penalties per waypoint changed with the experience of the unit. So an elite unit would have e.g. 2,2,3,4,5 seconds time penalty over 5 waypoints. Green units would go more like 3,5,7,9,10 (it's been a while, it not about the exact numbers here but about the model). Especially Barbarossa to Berlin the veteran / elite units would prove much more adjustable to changing situations whereas the green Russians you wouldn't want to give them too many waypoints as they could be stuck for a minute before making their first move. I felt this was a nice represenation of the impact of experience on the game. I am kinda missing this in CMx2. 

Curious why this was left out of CMx2; thoughts anyone?

1 hour ago, Fokker G1 said:

One of the things, I really, REALLY, liked from CMx1 is that the time penalties per waypoint changed with the experience of the unit. So an elite unit would have e.g. 2,2,3,4,5 seconds time penalty over 5 waypoints. Green units would go more like 3,5,7,9,10 

I am kinda missing this in CMx2.   Curious why this was left out of CMx2; thoughts anyone?

There are several threads in the forum over the years where this is discussed.  I don't remember the consensus or if there actually was a consensus about the reasoning behind the decision.  It is probably not realistic to expect to ever see command delays in CM2.  

The good news is that players are able to implement similar types of rules on their own.  These different rule systems are something I'm interested in and enjoy following.  Below is a link to some fairly easy, useful rules created by @Bil Hardenberger and @IanL.  I think these add a lot of realism and enjoyment to the game.  It will not answer your question above but it might help you implement something similar as you play the CM2 games.  :)  

Edited by MOS:96B2P

2 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

I don't remember the consensus or if there actually was a consensus about the reasoning behind the decision.  It is probably not realistic to expect to ever see command delays in CM2.  

It was widely disliked. And unrealistic in my opinion.

The issue is while it may make sense for wider planning maneuvers it makes none at all for squads or team leader save the moment tactical situations. Since CM demands that we play the roles from battalion commanders down to squad Sargents it just makes reacting to small scale situations unrealistic.