What makes this module worth buying?

20 hours ago, MikeyD said:

If you have a thing for obscure weapons CMFI has them like no other title. Most obscure is the T32 37mm mountain gun. Before I was assigned to texture it I didn't even know such a weapon existed!

338th3_thumb_jpg_63749b6ae19b4988fbfb80fff0cf6d6f.jpg

I first used one of these in one of the campaign battles. It because my favorite new weapon. 🙂 

On 12/8/2019 at 5:25 PM, Vet 0369 said:

There’s nothing wrong with or disloyal to decide not purchase a Family or module because it doesn’t “trip your trigger.” Both CMFI and GL were first day purchases for me, but I just recently started playing the Polish campaign in GL, and no scenarios yet. I have started playing the 10th Mountain campaign in R2V. I enjoy playing CMFI because I like to experience the changes in formations, TO&E, and tactics from 1943 to 1945.

I guess we all have our reasons to buy or not to buy, but none of them is disloyal to BFC. I get the feeling that the next modular for CMRT will be a “first day buy” for Aragon 2002, and that’s how it should be based on his interests.

BF makes a very deliberate effort to insure you are not obligated to purchase any module you decide not to.  It really complicates work on ToE and scenario design as you have to make sure the module is self contained and does not require anything beyond the base game so no BF doesn't consider it "disloyalty"  In fact they go through a lot of effort to insure you have the option.

13 minutes ago, sburke said:

BF makes a very deliberate effort to insure you are not obligated to purchase any module you decide not to.  It really complicates work on ToE and scenario design as you have to make sure the module is self contained and does not require anything beyond the base game so no BF doesn't consider it "disloyalty"  In fact they go through a lot of effort to insure you have the option.

Well, i did buy the Rome module after all, despite the missing Goumiers and Gurkhas. For me their absence proves that loyalty is indeed not necessary, since BF is only milking the Italian cow to death, without giving us what we really want. Imagine a module with Gurkhas and Goumiers! Would have been so much more interesting. Harsh words, but that's my judgement about this module. 

Why i still bought it? Because i want BF to keep producing new games and modules. I know they wouldn't have missed my money, but there it is.

Edited by Aragorn2002

54 minutes ago, sburke said:

Does that mean that one player who has not purchased R2V can still  play a PBEM (obviously not a R2V scenario) game with someone who has, even though they appear to be on different version numbers?

After the years-long Sisyphean task of getting R2V out the door with everything it place Steve said something along the lines of 'never again'. No more laboring to the breaking point just to shoe-horn every esoteric unit under the sun into a title. You want Gurkhas? Use your imagination. Poof, they're now in the game. In CMSF2 you can find scenarios with Lebanese Hezbollah, Druz militia, spec ops units, etc. How did they get into the game? The scenario designer picked some units and announced in the orders text "They're Hezbollah". Its just that easy.

hear hear!  Less minor detail and more big picture stuff.  like Barbarossa, Case Blue, Kursk time frameframes.  Oh, and N Afrika.  

28 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

After the years-long Sisyphean task of getting R2V out the door with everything it place Steve said something along the lines of 'never again'. No more laboring to the breaking point just to shoe-horn every esoteric unit under the sun into a title. You want Gurkhas? Use your imagination. Poof, they're now in the game. In CMSF2 you can find scenarios with Lebanese Hezbollah, Druz militia, spec ops units, etc. How did they get into the game? The scenario designer picked some units and announced in the orders text "They're Hezbollah". Its just that easy.

5 hours ago, Hilts said:

Does that mean that one player who has not purchased R2V can still  play a PBEM (obviously not a R2V scenario) game with someone who has, even though they appear to be on different version numbers?

your game engine will be the same, you just won't have access to the content of R2V though (and don't quote me on this) there was discussion about being able to access in PBEM.  Elvis could more appropriately answer that.  Basically the way it works is you both download the exact same game.  Their license however activates the R2V module material and yours does not. 

16 hours ago, MikeyD said:

You want Gurkhas? Use your imagination. Poof, they're now in the game. In CMSF2 you can find scenarios with Lebanese Hezbollah, Druz militia, spec ops units, etc. How did they get into the game? The scenario designer picked some units and announced in the orders text "They're Hezbollah". Its just that easy.

Dude.....In CM:SF2, right now, you can find M48A3s, Sampans & even a PBR!  :lol:

While they're not perfect (yet) there is no mistaking what they are, and knowing my colleagues as I do, I firmly expect the models & skins to get better & better as new tricks are added to the knowledge base.  B)

I just wish I knew how they do it!  :P

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

50 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Dude.....In CM:SF2, right now, you can find M48A3s, Sampans & even a PBR!  :lol:

While they're not perfect (yet) there is no mistaking what they are, and knowing my colleagues as I do, I firmly expect the models & skins to get better & better as new tricks are added to the knowledge base.  B)

I just wish I knew how they do it!  :P

Yes soon with time we can make a conflict Israeli war a mod is already available from long time ago and now we have M48, and modders....soon in a future a little more as future the yougoslavia conflict...sigh ! 🙃

3 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I reckon CM:A has some potential for modeling the Yugoslav conflict, it's not perfect by any means, but most of the basics are there.....The Mujahideen & Tribals would need some serious modding to make them look a little more European though.  ;)

Yea thank you for the tip, appreciated  you told me already, I am busy to trying to introduce some jobs in gold from Aquila CM but for the time I made a mistake with the mdr...😁

13 minutes ago, 3j2m7 said:

Yea thank you for the tip, appreciated  you told me already, I am busy to trying to introduce some jobs in gold from Aquila CM but for the time I made a mistake with the mdr...😁

Keep me informed of how you are getting along.....I'd love to have a go at making a map/scenario for another full on mod.  B)

I've had an awful lot of fun with the Heaven & Earth stuff, it's like a whole new game.....Right now I'm having a crack at a CM:SF2 map based on THIS, which I reckon is just about as un-Syrian looking as it comes!  :P

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

18 hours ago, Hilts said:

@sburke explained it but I think I can put even simpler:

To play PBEM both players must have a game installed the same version number. What choices of scenario and units you can pick will depend on which modules each have licensed.

1 hour ago, IanL said:

@sburke explained it but I think I can put even simpler:

To play PBEM both players must have a game installed the same version number. What choices of scenario and units you can pick will depend on which modules each have licensed.

Right, thanks for the clarification, fellas.

3 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Keep me informed of how you are getting along.....I'd love to have a go at making a map/scenario for another full on mod.  B)

I've had an awful lot of fun with the Heaven & Earth stuff, it's like a whole new game.....Right now I'm having a crack at a CM:SF2 map based on THIS, which I reckon is just about as un-Syrian looking as it comes!  :P

I will , for the time is only somes tests and experiments, nothing relevants, but I would like to do something in these direction, I have two bigs dreams, Israely and Yougoslavia wars, but dont have to remind it, everybodys know, hope this will not stay only in my dreams ...

You make a very good job with your little team, very appreciated from everybodys, this is in fact a new game, that will see the sun, and waiting to shining on ours screens, ☺️ new graphics new units maps landscapes...

This could be also an aproach, I guess for a future Pacific war, and later Fulda,  joking !  😉

and I forgot,  you show us, a very pretty sight, I suppose that it is the cradle of a growing mafia which you must flush out, in a next mod ? 🤐😄

Edited by 3j2m7

On 12/16/2019 at 7:05 PM, 3j2m7 said:

I will , for the time is only somes tests and experiments, nothing relevants, but I would like to do something in these direction, I have two bigs dreams, Israely and Yougoslavia wars, but dont have to remind it, everybodys know, hope this will not stay only in my dreams ...

Any specific Yugoslavian battles?

9 hours ago, Ales Dvorak said:

Any specific Yugoslavian battles?

I am interresting to all battles or all little fight in these regions, the theatre of the Yougoslavia allow us to created all, from a big tanks battle to an action of partisans guerilla, rescue from commando or to saving civilian life's our imaginations is our limits.

And not only the "modern conflict" but also the German occupation in ww2.

With BF serie from CMA to SMSF2 technologies and some very good modders,  we have almost all the potential and knowledges, weapons and vehicles to recreated all nations including, part of NATO and Warsaw Pact.
The yougoslavia war was a mix of vehicles from this bigs blocks, vehicles from ww2 with somes specialities  from some country, in the beginning of the war some of them were really poor and have only vehicles  from ww2, but I  dont have to tell you, some of us know with details...I mean only with a mix of CM series we have almost all what we need to recreated the Balkan war. 😉

I know only that some of us are also interesting of jumping in these region, the day will come when the wind of certain news mods will be forgotten, I guess in 3 4 years, let coming first CMRT module...

Big Brother of BF himself will perhaps be interresting also, who know ?

I like some battle and situations to preserve a "poor" country, but also to conduct a big German offensive  and conquest some territory, and with this I think in the beginning of the war 1939.😎

And with all these amalgam we can turn to the hot sun of  the middle East countries.

So, so far from me now, I guess I am very far away to the answer that you were waiting, and me with an empty mind...

But I am like the politician, I like to speaking and try to created new things, but saddly for the time without bigs results my mods don't have any impacts of the games !

Edited by 3j2m7

On 12/15/2019 at 4:51 PM, MikeyD said:

After the years-long Sisyphean task of getting R2V out the door with everything it place Steve said something along the lines of 'never again'. No more laboring to the breaking point just to shoe-horn every esoteric unit under the sun into a title.

Probably should have made that decision years ago.  Its a good business decision.

On 12/15/2019 at 4:19 PM, danfrodo said:

hear hear!  Less minor detail and more big picture stuff.  like Barbarossa, Case Blue, Kursk time frameframes.  Oh, and N Afrika.  

.... Here finally start taking my money again BFC. It's been a while since I have purchased a WWII title. Passed on FB and have no interest in RT Berlin. I will probably get R2V eventually, but I would buy the ^^^ bold quoted editions in a heartbeat.

Other than R2V, I am as late in the war as I want to go with the other WWII titles sorry to say and jmo.

Edited by Blazing 88's

14 hours ago, 3j2m7 said:

I know only that some of us are also interesting of jumping in these region, the day will come when the wind of certain news mods will be forgotten, I guess in 3 4 years, let coming first CMRT module...

Than we can simulate some pieces of battles of Sutjeska and Neretva ... and others. :)

Edited by Ales Dvorak