Interested to hear if you are trying a Combat Mission 2 engine game for the first time because of the new nations now available?

To my knowledge this is the first game to present Indian and Brazilian forces at this (Squad and individual vehicle) scale. Did this, or the fact that there are now French and South African forces also available in a Combat Mission 2 engine game for the first time, lead you to purchase?

Thanks

No.

I purchase games/modules in order to support BFC and what they are doing.  Since the early Alpha AAR with 3 pixeltruppen marching abreast, and "Holy Crap, it's Squad Leader in 3D" (my initial reaction), through the current release, I've pre-ordered all the WWII games/modules. Don't have near the time I'd like to play, have 3 different battle maps in various states of completion (1 CMRT - Mius River bend, 2 CMFI - Kertsch peninsula) from 1:25000 copies of captured Truppenkarte maps gleaned from the Library of Congress vaults. 

Even have CMBS, though I'm not a fan of modern stuff.

I think of it as placing a wager against my future retirement -- when I finally do retire, I'll have all kinds of content to explore and play.

It is an interesting question, but I can't imagine many people who have never played CMx2 before even reading it.

Although I was chatting to a guy in The Groucho last night. And he told me that Elvis is putting The Attractions back together with four backing singers, Miss Brazil, Miss France, Miss India and, Miss South Africa. They will be performing in front of a video wall made up of screenshots from Rome to Victory, and doing a striptease during "Oliver's Army", all in an attempt to drum up trade for the new title.

I'm especially quick on the trigger if there are Brits or Indians involved, but I've found with BFC content that even if it's a side I may not think I will enjoy playing (Soviet Russia for example), 30 minutes into the campaign I'm completely immersed in the struggle for my adopted motherland/fatherland. 

3 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Although I was chatting to a guy in The Groucho last night. And he told me that Elvis is putting The Attractions back together with four backing singers, Miss Brazil, Miss France, Miss India and, Miss South Africa. They will be performing in front of a video wall made up of screenshots from Rome to Victory, and doing a striptease during "Oliver's Army", all in an attempt to drum up trade for the new title.

There will be also a special delivery of Elvis's guitar on the stage.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wca1021aisq3rsu/Jazz-Ad_esczoo.jpg?dl=0

Ok, right model, wrong color. ;)

Not for the first time, no. But without the new nationalities, I'm not sure if I would've bought the new expansion.

Even with TOE changes, the typical units present in the base game get kind of bland after awhile. This isn't limited to just Italy, I'd say it counts for every other base game. I can't even remember the last time I used US anything for say, CMSF.

Half the fun in playing is learning the strengths and weaknesses of other nations, putting them to the test in actual battle. 

I recently bought CMRT, CMFB, and CMBN and bought the bundle for CMFI.  As detailed as your are making these games the nationalities that participated in various theaters should be included. Their participation definitely influenced the battles they participated in sometimes positively and sometimes negatively. 

The inclusion of the new nationalities didn't affect my decision to buy or not to buy but now that you are doing that other nationalities should be included in any forthcoming games/modules.

For example the next installment for CMRT (Fire and Rubble) should include the Hungarians and Romanians along with the Germans and the Poles should be included with the Soviets as the First and Second Polish armies were formed in the Soviet Union and fought along with the Soviets.