first small mod for R2V French troop

The kepi of the game is a foreign legion kepi !!
The most common for the game is that of tirailleur whether he is Algerian RTA or Moroccan RTM with the blue sky "bandeau" I did neither the crescent nor the star Sherifian to be versatile !!!
The helmets of the North African troops were partly color mustard.
the factory helmet had a khaki color at the beginning of the war however the liberation army repainted its helmets in dark green and a part of the manufacturing had an aluminum crest and the paints peeled
finally I put leather jugulars on the tanker helmet19120204160097789.jpg

191202042002345440.jpg

Edited by Falaise

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

Well done on the tanker helmet add ons ("jugulars??")!  

The kepi also looks great.  Maybe weather it a bit?  Looks like it just came from the factory and someone definitely wants this guy to get killed by a sniper..

for the jugular of the tank helmet I only change the texture
the shape is in stock
the kekis was always impeccable
I'm preparing a kepi cover

there is a problem with the chin strap of the infantry helmet, it is too short
It can be removed, but the texture is common to the tank helmets !

there, the chin strap remove and added on the helmet

191202071355151641.jpg

3 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Can't you call the sand one for example ....   kepi-officer-jr

And the sky blue one ..    kepi-officer-sr

I know some of the uniform mods work in that way, although in this case it might be more difficult.

Nope, the French aren't set up that way this time around.  Not sure why. Things are really different with this release. For example, some of the French skins (faces) like the toque-wearing winter ones are tied in with the US toque wearers  as they are named as if they are the US ones, but have a [france] tag added at the end.  I assume the officers are somehow tied in as well through the mdr/mds files???? Anyway, doesn't seem doable, Ollie.

3 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Can't you call the sand one for example ....   kepi-officer-jr

And the sky blue one ..    kepi-officer-sr

I know some of the uniform mods work in that way, although in this case it might be more difficult.

It all depends on how BF made them in the game files. And in this case there's only one: smod_french_hat-kepi

I don't know if it's tied to it, but US uniforms do not have this level of detail as well.

It also seems technically impossible to make officers and such have caucasian skins, or enlisted to speak arabic due to how the game is built.

It would have been interesting if BF had worked on these details more, but at this rate I'd rather wait for CMx3 so they can get all of this stuff in order and make us modders benefit.

Edited by Frenchy56

whatever happens, the kepi is no longer worn in combat since 1915 and the appearance of the first French helmet
In Italy, apart from the ceremonies where the colors of the tradition must be visible, the kepi with kepi covers is the rule and is worn only at the back of the front line.
In italy the french does not wear a distinctive insignia in combat although there is a specific badge for the CEF (French Expeditionary Corps)

mini_191204100611567122.jpg

there:US helmet worn with the imperial flag from 1804 to 1812 that can also be seen on vehicles

191204100301563292.jpg

In Italy the CEF depends on the delivery of American equipment under the law loan lease
To avoid the premature wear of woolen uniforms, the HBT suit and other denim outfits are widely used both in winter over woolen garments and in summer.

191206053908309549.jpg

HBT suit faded at different levels

191206054011723732.jpg

shirt and pants denim

191206054354328181.jpg

mix of different clothes rather typical

191206054311971816.jpg