Bug and stuff thread

Cobetco

On 2/7/2020 at 7:54 PM, DougPhresh said:

Our current plan for filling out Fortress Italy is the following. NOTE THAT THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. Nothing here is laid in stone yet.

• Gothic Line Module (that won't be the actual name for it) that pushes the timeline to the end of the war. Details on it are already present in the first post. Basically this module pushes the timeline to the end, and rounds out missing Commonwealth and German forces.
  • An Italian Forces Pack that adds a ton of Post-Armistice Italian forces to the Allies and Axis sides. Italian partisans, captured Italian equipment in use by Germans, actual Italian military forces operating under Allied and Axis sides, the works. This would be a pretty big Pack that will completely revolve around the Italians. I'm personally super excited for this pack, it will be a lot of fun to make and play.
  • An Elite Forces Pack that includes such things as Commandos and 1st Special Service Force. This would be a pretty small Pack, and may just get rolled into something else. Details are murky at this point.

Hey, more bones!

i thought CMFI, was labelled as done, so this is news to me, is this still on the plan ?

• 6 months later...

It may be down to the vineyard tiles the tank is moving over, pretty sure I've caught a Sheman doing the same thing in a vineyard during one my own games.....I think it may be something like bridge bug, with the game engine appearing to believe that it's being asked to move the vehicle to an inacessible location, failing and then resetting it to the last good one.

• 1 year later...
On 8/25/2021 at 2:11 PM, G. Smiley said:

In a PBEM game, I just had a tank instantly jump from one action spot to another! Never seen anything like that before. Note the time in the bottom right corner. Not too pleased about it given that a vineyard in muddy conditions is a bad place to be.

CMCW-6.thumb.jpg.1a4d6c46dd67191bc8542fb0709cdfe7.jpgCMCW-7.thumb.jpg.b94e06e58197d53ce68896e731bceebc.jpg

Same bug near vineyard, pbem last tourament the Few good men, first scenario, ground dry. While the tank rotates 80°, it makes magic leaps.

View:

https://www.mediafire.com/view/6misf2cw6tgc98n/Saut_qauntique_FI.jpg/file

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, Erwin said:

That's terrific, Phil.  Thank you!

You're welcome. I hope my fix does the trick.

I looked at the date and time last modified for the 18 *.wav files I edited. It took me a total of 15 minutes of my life to edit the files.

I guess BFC is just too busy to ever fix these pathetically simple things? Or a better question: Why did a CMSF "modern" crypto synch tone wav file get used for a WW2 game? 

EDIT: ok, there is always a chance I missed a BFC patch that did solve this. If so, I would retract my previous whine. :D

OIP.jpg

Edited by kohlenklau