There is no download with the Rome to Victory module...Here's what you need

On 12/1/2019 at 7:36 PM, Ultradave said:

Yes. This needs to get pinned somewhere:

1. Right click on the installer and select Open.   That will skip the step of authorizing it in System Preferences

2. It will begin verifying. This takes a few minutes. Wait it out. It will appear stuck when the progress bar is about 2/3 complete. It's ok. It will finish. Fix a drink or a snack 🙂

3. Depending on whether you've updated to Catalina or not you'll get a message that Apple can't verify it free of Malware. But you can click on the Open button (be careful to not just hit enter because the dialog has the Cancel button selected in blue by default.

4. Once you've done that you'll be presented with the familiar regular installer window.

As for why it's this way, you'd have to ask Steve for details. I have a couple of astronomy planning programs and they have similar issues. The developer of one of those has said for a niche program it's expensive and a pain to get it done and not worth it to him. That's his view. He vouches for his software.

Your are the "Ultra" man. Instructions were perfect.

Thanks

• 11 months later...
6 hours ago, bairdlander said:

I have 3.0,4.0 and version 2.11,yet the RtV scenarios are greyed out.Please advise.

This may be a really dumb question, you did purchase a license for R2V?  Assuming so, in the directory there is a script that says "Activate New Products - CMFI".  I'm on a Mac so I *think* it would be in the program executable folder, but I'm not sure about that. It will either be a .bat or .exe file. Run that, and you should be presented with a dialog box that you can enter your R2V serial number into, and click activate.

Apologies if all of this is stuff you already knew.

Dave

• 3 months later...

Help please! 

I just bought R2V.

I have CMFI and GL purchased as they were released, not as any bundle, but have been away from CM quite a long time.

My start screen down in the lower right says Copyright 2014 BFC. and V1.02

I think I need an engine upgrade but do not see where to purchase it.

I searched the offered products and didn't see anything I needed to buy.

EDIT: OK, NOW I SEE THE UPGRADES ARE SEPARATE. I THINK I SEE WHAT IS WRONG.

I have the following patches downloaded and ready:

CM Fortress Italy v210 Update

CMFI v211 Update PC

I was ready to install V210 but the prerequisites said to be at something ABOVE my v1.2.

In my CMFI folder I see a CMFI V300 read me so I am confused. 

AND I AM LOST

Any help would be appreciated

Edited by kohlenklau

So, you purchased the engine 4 update for CMFI. If that is correct go to that purchase order and download the full install for your platform and install that. Then you will be up to date in one install and all you will need to do is activate the engine 4 update and CMR2V that you also bought. The activations you already have for the base game and GL will still be there.

21 hours ago, IanL said:

So, you purchased the engine 4 update for CMFI. If that is correct go to that purchase order and download the full install for your platform and install that. Then you will be up to date in one install and all you will need to do is activate the engine 4 update and CMR2V that you also bought. The activations you already have for the base game and GL will still be there.

Thanks Ian. I will do as you say. I appreciate the help.