There is no download with the Rome to Victory module...Here's what you need

Since the introduction of the all-in-one full game installers for all of the Combat Mission games purchases of modules (or Packs) no longer come with downloads. If you have the most up to date patched version of your game then you already have the module (or Pack) installed. Along with Rome to Victory's release is a v2.10 "patch". This patch contains all of the Rome to Victory content. All full game installers are also v2.10 and contain the Rome to Victory content. Make sure that you have the 2.10 game version installed (below is a direct link to the patch) and then use the Activate New Products utility on your desktop and enter your Rome to Victory key to "unlock" the content,

https://battlefront.sharefile.com/share/view/s82e4aff83484678a

On my screen the names of the download files are shortened but if you move your cursor over them you'll get the full title 'CM Fortress Italy Mac Update' or 'CM Fortress Italy PC Update'.

The patch upgrade will contain new R2V scenarios but you won't have access to them. After you purchase an access key and do the 'Activate New Products' thing you should have access to the scenarios, the game's timeframe should be extended  into May '45, plus you'll get a new 'northern Italy' region to play in.

6 hours ago, CanuckGamer said:

My friend and I just started a scenario a few days ago.  We both have Game Engine 4 and version 2.02.  I see we need to update to 2.10 if we want to purchase and Rome to Victory.  If we update now, will that screw up our current PBEM game?  Thanks.

You should be ok if you follow the usual practice to update your game during the orders phase. 

As alternative, you can create a new install in a new directory and have a 2.02 and a 2.10 install on your machine at the same time. 

4 hours ago, Heirloom_Tomato said:

You should be ok if you follow the usual practice to update your game during the orders phase. 

As alternative, you can create a new install in a new directory and have a 2.02 and a 2.10 install on your machine at the same time. 

Sorry but I would like to clarify what you said.  I have now downloaded update 2.10.  Do I run the replay of the latest PBEM turn, end the replay phase and then save the game at that point?  Then extract the update files to CMFI?   Alternatively, if you could post a link to the "usual practice" instructions that would be much appreciated.

1 hour ago, CanuckGamer said:

Sorry but I would like to clarify what you said.  I have now downloaded update 2.10.  Do I run the replay of the latest PBEM turn, end the replay phase and then save the game at that point?  Then extract the update files to CMFI?   Alternatively, if you could post a link to the "usual practice" instructions that would be much appreciated.

What you just wrote is the process to follow.

1 hour ago, AlexUK said:

I had trouble with an older install of CMFI, you mention all in one version, where can I find this? I downloaded v 2.1 but it is saying I new to have v2. 00 or later installed first. 

Use your 4.0 Upgrade link. That gives you the option of just the Upgrade or a full installer. Use the full installer. It includes the 2.10 patch.

• BFCElvis featured and pinned this topic

Yes. This needs to get pinned somewhere:

1. Right click on the installer and select Open.   That will skip the step of authorizing it in System Preferences

2. It will begin verifying. This takes a few minutes. Wait it out. It will appear stuck when the progress bar is about 2/3 complete. It's ok. It will finish. Fix a drink or a snack 🙂

3. Depending on whether you've updated to Catalina or not you'll get a message that Apple can't verify it free of Malware. But you can click on the Open button (be careful to not just hit enter because the dialog has the Cancel button selected in blue by default.

4. Once you've done that you'll be presented with the familiar regular installer window.

As for why it's this way, you'd have to ask Steve for details. I have a couple of astronomy planning programs and they have similar issues. The developer of one of those has said for a niche program it's expensive and a pain to get it done and not worth it to him. That's his view. He vouches for his software.

On 11/29/2019 at 4:02 PM, BFCElvis said:

Since the introduction of the all-in-one full game installers for all of the Combat Mission games purchases of modules (or Packs) no longer come with downloads. If you have the most up to date patched version of your game then you already have the module (or Pack) installed. Along with Rome to Victory's release is a v2.10 "patch". This patch contains all of the Rome to Victory content. All full game installers are also v2.10 and contain the Rome to Victory content. Make sure that you have the 2.10 game version installed (below is a direct link to the patch) and then use the Activate New Products utility on your desktop and enter your Rome to Victory key to "unlock" the content,

https://battlefront.sharefile.com/share/view/s82e4aff83484678a

I just want to clarify the procedure for installing update 2.10 since the last time I bought a CM product was December 2018.  My install is Program Files (X86)/Battlefront/Combat Mission Fortress Italy.  I have downloaded update 2.10.

If I understand correctly I should now extract the update to the above.  I would then have to purchase Rome to Victory after which I will receive a key for activation.  Until then the update contains other upgrades for the game so that my current version of 2.02 will still work even if I don't purchase Rome to Victory right away.

The friend I am currently playing a PBEM game went and installed 2.10.  Tonight he sent me his latest move file which I placed in the CMFI  In Folder.  However when I start the game up and click on Saved Games it does not appear so I am not sure what he did.  I don't know if he updated before he made his move or when.  I posted earlier and was told that we should update unless we are in the Orders phase so I am guessing he didn't do that.   Once I find out I will post here if we can't figure it out.

In the meantime, please confirm that what I wrote in the above two paragraphs is correct.  Thanks.

Since my friend jumped the gun and updated I went ahead and did it too.  Our PBEM game seems to be working even though we did not update during the orders phase.  I will buy Rome to Victory shortly although we won't be able to play any scenarios from it until we finish our current game.

May I suggest more obvious sticky posts in both this and the general Combat Mission forum?

It is not as blatantly obvious that the module was released as it should be in my opinion.

Something like "... has been released! Read instructions inside!"

Too much reading between the lines necessary at the moment, I think.

Best regards,
Thomm

The last couple releases BFC has gone for what they call a 'soft release'. Get it up and working, get the preorder guys sorted out, then start building awareness that the module's been released. I think the intent is to avoid the initial logjam rush of downloaders at the start.