Updated Troina campaign?

• 2 weeks later...

Am confused.  The downloaded "Troina v2" file from your dropbox now has today's date on it in my folder.  Ok...   But, how can a cam file like my "Troina v2" have changed its creation date to an earlier date (5/20/2013)?  Am curious: What creation date do you have for your Troina v2 that you put in your dropbox?  

Starting to be unsure what makes windows set dates for files that have been downloaded or transferred from a previous hard drive - but I have "creation date" 4/9/2016 and "last change made" 5/21/2013. I used to have the habit of always downloading all community made content when released so I would assume that the v2 is the latest one. Maybe there is a hint in the designer notes in the campaign?

2 hours ago, Frenchy56 said:

The updated campaign came with the latest CMFI patch...

Please tell me where, then. Since I have all the patches installed, I should have had it installed in my campaigns folder. I hadn't.

I have checked the files of the 2.00 upgrade and the 2.01 and the 2.02 pathces. I cant find the campaign anywhere.

The moral of the story is that PUHLEASE will designers clearly name scenarios/campaigns with names that will make sense years after everyone has forgotten when something was released.

Am always amazed that designers often don't even put dates of creation in their in-game designer notes.

4 hours ago, Frenchy56 said:

🤔 the only fix was MG teams having M1919A4's instead of A6's afaik. Just start it and see.

My Troina campaign has a last changed date of july 27th 2012, ie a few days before CMFI was originally released. How is that possible if it was updated in a patch?

The MG´s are A4´s.

This is how it was announced (and when) to the repository:

On 5/21/2013 at 3:00 PM, Battlefront Repository said:

This is the Troina Campaign from the original Fortress Italy release, with one change: the second mission has been made easier to win.*Changes:- Reduced headcount of German infantry.- Removed German TRPs.- Reduced number of German heavy weapons.*

More...

Perhaps the only way to tell is to unpack the campaigns and compare in the editor to tell. Or if the campaign maker provides more info. Don't know who made it.

14 hours ago, umlaut said:

The MG´s are A4´s.

Then the campaign definitely did change. I remember before the patch that the MGs were A6's and being slightly annoyed at it since it was anachronistic.

This modification may not have changed the campaign file itself, thus no new date.

Edited by Frenchy56

1 hour ago, umlaut said:

"This modification may not have changed the campaign file itself, thus no new date."

But then  how can you say that the updated campaign "came with the latest CMFI patch"?

How do you explain that the M1919A6's changed to A4's with said patch then? Because I equally have no clue. It might come from a change in the executable file. In fact everything that happens in the executable may as well be magic to me.

Edited by Frenchy56