Strange thing about weather in quick battle maps

Currently playing a PBEM quick battle. We chose a map that has temperature set to "cold" in the editor.

When selecting the map for the QB, the little info screen shows the temperature of the map is 1 degree C. But after the game has set up and we start sending files back and forth, the info that shows when I select the incoming savegame (but before clicking 'load') says temperature is now -19C.

After loading the game, I click the MENUS button and choose "conditions". It now shows "Temperature: Extreme Cold".

So, somehow it seems that when you set temperature to "Cold" in the editor (middle setting), you end up with "Extreme Cold", the maximum setting?

Edited by Bulletpoint

3 minutes ago, Vanir Ausf B said:

The default setting in the editor can be overridden by weather conditions, ground conditions and possibly date. 

This battle is in October 1944, Germany. Ground conditions are set to "damp". Maybe it was extremely cold in Germany in October? I don't know.

Well after testing this it looks like there is a fair degree of randomness. I actually thought it may be a bug since I kept getting extreme cold if I saved the map in the editor and then went straight into the QB menu, but always got cool temps otherwise. Then I got a few cool temps after saving in the editor which blew my theory up. I never did get "cold", which is odd. At this point I can't tell if there is a bug or if it's just randomness. I'd have to generate a much larger number of QBs to be statistically significant.