A plea for the Biodiversity

Falaise

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2020 at 11:41 AM, Falaise said:

yes, modern agriculture has greatly changed the appearance of crops in Normandy and elsewhere.
There were many more apple trees and the fields were smaller.
Some find that the fields are too small in combat mission Normandy,
I often think that they are too big, especially in the American sector.
I added poppies in my fields of wheat and linen because I remember that there were many until the early 80s and the old people often mentioned them in their memories.

200110123243119526.jpg

200110123242394273.jpg
For 4-5 years with the appearance of pesticide-free crops, they have reappeared

here close Saint Lambert sur Dive

200110123316613271.jpg

in wheat field close Falaise

200110123332395021.jpg

in linen field close Chambois

200110123317191179.jpg
the old ones also often evoke cornflowers
I saw it for the first time 2 years ago in a field near Trun

200110124612368763.jpg
Certain explains to me that the wheat field was red and blue but I never saw it

Did your poppy and cornflower mods ever get posted on cmmods? Or, were they just for your own use?

13 hours ago, Falaise said:

you are absolutely right Warts 'n' all,  

I should have already put it online 🙄

i will put them online this week
I have to make the text and translate it
when we are not english speaking it's more work despite google translation !!!!

Thanks for the reply. And don't worry about your English, it's far better than my French.

200203041959777373.jpg

Here is a series of mod that changes the vegetation as the months of June, July and August- September

This mod was made by looking at the evolution of nature during these 3 months.

Part, are stock textures that I reworked in color and saturation

I also modified the Ramblers mod for trees by modifying the colors and mixing it with the ones in stock to break the repetition effect.

You will also find the plowed fields of Kieme and Aris modified so that the colors correspond to the Norman soil which is brown. Finally herbs come from a super mod without an owner's name and which is no longer available.

You will also find a multitude of small details insignificant but which to assemble gives a true impression of the Norman campaign.

We can in passing admire the textures of the basic game whose colors correspond very well to the real colors of Normandy. The mods that I propose to you, support and combine in large part with these original textures, I advise you to remove all the other mods of vegetation and terrain to obtain the best result.

There are 4 files: one called terrain de Normandie

This is to installed permanently in the z folder

Then three other files called June July and August which must be installed in the choice in z

It is necessary to choose according to the scenario which one you will install in z. As soon as you take a scenario that changes months, just put the corresponding "month" folder, thinking that you have removed the previous "month" folder.

You have the possibility of tagging your scenario by month it will suffice to tag each bmp

I didn't do it because I like playing the same scenario with different month

come soon
when Bootie have the time to put it on his website

Edited by Falaise

20 hours ago, MikeyD said:

A major project would be putting new leaves on trees. Current leaves can be used for everything from elm to birch to apple but they don't cut it for ash, oak, chestnut, maple or sycamore.

tree types.jpg

I can just imagine having the Horse Chestnut in game.

"Ooh, Uncle Arthur can we have a game of conkers?"

"Not now Frank, I think that it might be best if we concentrate on the Germans."

55 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Looks very attractive.  Can it be tagged for different months/seasons?  Or one has to manually install the desired mod based on the date of the scenario/campaign?

no !
but you can do it, you have to tag each scenario according to the month and tag each bmp by folder
I prefer to put and remove the file each time

7 hours ago, quakerparrot67 said:

falaise- really loving this foliage mod, it brings the  normandy  maps to life  more than just about any mod i've seen.  it doesn't look too out of place in the market-garden maps, either.  thanks for your work on this!

cheers,

rob

thank you very much for your message, I am delighted that you like it.
3j2m also thanked me kindly and these thanks are appreciable.
It's this great game and everyone's mods that gives us the opportunity to push realism even more.
a time machine

On 2/3/2020 at 5:47 PM, Warts 'n' all said:

I can just imagine having the Horse Chestnut in game.

"Ooh, Uncle Arthur can we have a game of conkers?"

"Not now Frank, I think that it might be best if we concentrate on the Germans."

Ah, another limey who votes leave!
;)