COBRA

191024021009704309.jpg

Well it may not be the moment with the scheduled release of Rome to Victory and Red Hammer

But I would like to have a pack Cobra and Lüttich with campaigns covering these operations with beautiful cards, some new flavor objects for the atmosphere, but especially the ability to raise the infantry on the tanks as in Red Thunder or Final Blitzkrieg to replicate the tactics used by the 2nd and 3rd Armored Division

As well as the possibility of using aerial reconnaissance by piper club, the drones of 1944

Christmas is coming, I'm sending my letter to Santa Claus ...

1 hour ago, Falaise said:

As well as the possibility of using aerial reconnaissance by piper club, the drones of 1944

I could be wrong but my understanding is there was not direct connection between the recon planes and tactical level officers on the ground in the fight. Let alone the ability for officers at the pointy end actually directing recon planes.

In CM the initial intel settings in the scenario editor is supposed to cover the type of pre-battle recon that these planes provided.

maybe I am wrong or I did not check the level of sharing info but it seemed to me to have read that in this great book discovered with the forum
Busting the Bocage: American Combined Arms Operations in France, 6 June-31 July 1944 by Captain Michael D. Doubler
despite all a pack on this theme with some little improves could be interesting

It would be probably up to the community to jump into the editor and start playing with the other half of the game to see more Operation Cobera come to fruition. (The editor doesn't bite :D ). All the tools are there waiting inside CMBN.

Sadly the community mapping exercises I've tried to instigate fell over after about 6 months as real life got in the way for both myself and the others. I'm sadly looking at the Arracourt file on desktop right now. :( Anyway it is quite feasible for a small team to all chip away at a single large master map and upload the updated file after each of their editor sessions into dropbox. The editor overlay feature in the editor makes this extremely easy indeed. You would just need a tracker sheet to make sure no two people have got the file checked out at the same time!

• 3 weeks later...

I created and finished a large map of the St Denis Le Gast (Roncey Pocket) area years ago. I then got slightly bogged down with the OOB (it's guesswork re the fleeing Germans trying to escape the pocket) and then altogether fell out with the idea of creating faithful historical scenarios. In almost all cases they do not seem to be conducive to really interesting game play - competition format has so much untapped potential in CM! 

Anyway If there is a Cobra scenario interest group (even better a cooperative of content dev), it might spur me on to go back to this and get it finished !?!?

Edited by The Steppenwulf