Jump to content

Fire and Rubble


BFCElvis

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Jumpete said:

We're talking about the lack of Sturmtiger, but what happen with the Pz IVJ latest production? The backbone of the last Panzer Divisions and it isn't in game!!!??!!!
The module is great but that gap is a big disapointment for me, especially when it already should has been in FB.

They are in there. One way, in a QB, select Panzer Battalion 44 (late), then at the bottom you can select what vehicles, as the screen cap below shows.

Also available as individual vehicles. (second picture).   

I had the date set for February 45. Didn't check other dates.

(It's also in FB, BTW, by picking the same formation and it was already in RT)

Dave

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 6.14.59 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 6.16.57 AM.jpg

Edited by Ultradave
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ultradave said:

They are in there. One way, in a QB, select Panzer Battalion 44 (late), then at the bottom you can select what vehicles, as the screen cap below shows.

Also available as individual vehicles. (second picture).   

I had the date set for February 45. Didn't check other dates.

(It's also in FB, BTW, by picking the same formation and it was already in RT)

Dave

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 6.14.59 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 6.16.57 AM.jpg

I know that we have Pz IV J late, in fact, it is in the game since Red Thunder. I'm talking about the latest production serie (Jan'45-May'45) only build in the Nibelungenwerfer factory which showed clear visual differences regardind the rest of Pz IV's. Given that we have Tiger Late and Tiger Last with the only nuance of the amunition ammount, we shoud have that Pz IV version (IMO) which offered several distintive characteristics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Ithikial_AU said:

You're welcome. :) A touch Hollywood for sure, but hopefully something different.

And to think....At one point you considered pulling it out of the module. 🙂 

It's definitely one of the most appropriately named battles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Is anybody else really, really, REALLY happy to know that AKD is a Combat Mission beta tester?  If not, you should be :D

That's for sure. I read over every informative and precise discussion thread that @Battlefront.com and @akd have. Mostly my eyes glaze over but I am always impressed at what they accomplish with regards to the TO&E. And thankful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jumpete said:

I know that we have Pz IV J late, in fact, it is in the game since Red Thunder. I'm talking about the latest production serie (Jan'45-May'45) only build in the Nibelungenwerfer factory which showed clear visual differences regardind the rest of Pz IV's. Given that we have Tiger Late and Tiger Last with the only nuance of the amunition ammount, we shoud have that Pz IV version (IMO) which offered several distintive characteristics.

Yup, this one slipped through unnoticed until now.  Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

For the most part we focus our minor variants on ones that have an impact on performance (eg. ammo count).  Usually there's physical changes that are obvious and so we do those too.  In this case the PzIV J's final form was mostly physical changes that don't impact performance.  That's not a reason for us to exclude it, just a good explanation as to why it hasn't been done.  It's now on our ToDo List ;)

Steve

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Yup, this one slipped through unnoticed until now.  Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

For the most part we focus our minor variants on ones that have an impact on performance (eg. ammo count).  Usually there's physical changes that are obvious and so we do those too.  In this case the PzIV J's final form was mostly physical changes that don't impact performance.  That's not a reason for us to exclude it, just a good explanation as to why it hasn't been done.  It's now on our ToDo List ;)

Steve

Thanks for considering this. IMHO the main reason for including it in game is based on that the Pz IV continued being the backbone of the armoured forces including in those latest stages of the war. Ending 1944,Nibelungenwerfer was the only factory which worked on Pz IV since Vomag and Krupp focused theirs work on JgPz and Stugs. So the last Pz IV J viewed on the battlefield was that mentioned version. Only for that it deserves a place here.

P.D. When will it be included? In a future F&R patch? Next module for FB?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jumpete said:

Thanks for considering this. IMHO the main reason for including it in game is based on that the Pz IV continued being the backbone of the armoured forces including in those latest stages of the war. Ending 1944,Nibelungenwerfer was the only factory which worked on Pz IV since Vomag and Krupp focused theirs work on JgPz and Stugs. So the last Pz IV J viewed on the battlefield was that mentioned version. Only for that it deserves a place here.

Certainly.  Although the numbers were small compared to the other PzIVs in service, we do like variety ;)

5 minutes ago, Jumpete said:

P.D. When will it be included? In a future F&R patch? Next module for FB?

I don't know when it will get into the game, but for sure it will arrive in a patch available to everybody. 

Steve

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SchnelleMeyer said:

Jumpete: Small correction: Nibelungenwerk or Nibelungenwerke - not Nibelungenwerfer.

Thanks for the correction and my apologies for the wrong. There are some germanic  words which for me are impossible  to write correctly, one of them is this and another one the name of the mortar carried on the  WW2 german tanks turret.

 

3 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Certainly.  Although the numbers were small compared to the other PzIVs in service, we do like variety ;)

I don't know when it will get into the game, but for sure it will arrive in a patch available to everybody. 

Steve

Thanks you for considering the suggestions Steve. You and your team did a great work with F&R, congratulations.

Edited by Jumpete
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

All the bicycles were stolen in Amsterdam. What is sad it never was recognized as a warcrime against humanity. Just something trivial. 

I can assure you that even now each day hundreds of warcrimes are being commited all over Amsterdam. 😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some 10 years ago the bicycle theft was the most often crime in China. Now they have cemeteries for millions of used bicycles and you can easily rent one using you phone. Bicycle theft is almost gone.

But it seems it migrated to Europe. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I can assure you that even now each day hundreds of warcrimes are being commited all over Amsterdam.

Last time there was in 1991 last year they wouldn't let me in for a holiday. I wouldn't know. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Battlefront.com all all the staff...This game is incredible...is amazing...it is the game I have always wanterd...brings me back does memories of when I do first discover some small company that got a game call CMBO and I decided to give it a try... on the time that any penny in my pocket counts...this is mind blowing..with the atmosphere, the big and small toys, the ANYTHING it get... I guess i'm becoming insane!! i have just found myself literally crying of joy...just thinking that even it can be improved with upgraded engine #5 and my brain goes nuts...

Edited by Dan Dare
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dan Dare said:

@Battlefront.com all all the staff...This game is incredible...is amazing...it is the game I have always want...brings me back does memories of when I do first discover some small company that got I game call CMBO and I decided to give it a try... on the time that any penny in my pocket counts...this is mind blowing..with the atmosphere, the big and small toys, the ANYTHING it get... I guess i'm becoming insane!! i have just found myself literally crying of joy...just thinking that even it can be improved with upgraded engine #5 and my brain goes nuts...

Don't beat around the bush, Dan, do you like this module or not? 😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Don't beat around the bush, Dan, do you like this module or not? 😀

some people like leaving you guessing.  It is a psychological manipulation ploy and eventually leads to bicycle theft.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/27/2021 at 8:23 PM, sburke said:

some people like leaving you guessing.  It is a psychological manipulation ploy and eventually leads to bicycle theft.

They'll get my bicycle over my cold dead body.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...