Jump to content

Fire and Rubble


BFCElvis

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Holman said:

Just a question:

Is it possible to load a full 3-D preview of one of the big Berlin master maps, or is that generally not done?

I'm not a scenario designer, and I have little experience in it, but I thought I would try to load a preview of Berlin East in order to look around. The loading stalled at 49% and seemed like it would go no further. (I have a pretty robust and recent PC. All scenarios and campaigns load easily.)

Perhaps a master map of this size and density needs to be cut down in the 2D interface before attempting to load a 3-D view?

Just wondering if my experience is normal or if I should re-install, or somefink.

Someone a long time ago had mentioned maxing out 24gb of ram on rad full ... a 5.7 x 5.7km map... 

Ive had a robust setup too and have only managed 5x5km. 

I imagine maybe more ram would actually help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You MoFos!😁

I didn’t travel more than 5 miles from my home once in the last 5-6 weeks. First gun show in more than a year, finally, bit it’s a 3 hour drive. I figure F&R won’t hit until at least Monday, right? So as I’m standing in line to get in, I check my email. Guess what’s in there? Fastest tour around the vendor stalls ever; left in 20 minutes, hoping no one will let the cat outta the bag, lol!  No such luck, but I’m home now and at least it’s downloading. 
 

I forgive you all.💣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BFCElvis said:

19 minutes from the time the 1st email went out until there was a post on the forum. 🙂

My apologies for my fellow forumites, we know not what we do. What a tragedy. Thank you though sir, for the hardwork and time it took to produce this for us. Appreciate you'll.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

19 minutes from the time the 1st email went out until there was a post on the forum. 🙂

That wasn't me was it, don't think so...

Also getting the message out ain't so bad.

Edited by Vacilllator
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Holman said:

Just a question:

Is it possible to load a full 3-D preview of one of the big Berlin master maps, or is that generally not done?

I'm not a scenario designer, and I have little experience in it, but I thought I would try to load a preview of Berlin East in order to look around. The loading stalled at 49% and seemed like it would go no further. (I have a pretty robust and recent PC. All scenarios and campaigns load easily.)

Perhaps a master map of this size and density needs to be cut down in the 2D interface before attempting to load a 3-D view?

Just wondering if my experience is normal or if I should re-install, or somefink.

On my old desktop it took 28 minutes to load the map. On my new machine, takes about 8 minutes to load. Take the advice from Elvis, start to load it up, take a walk, come back to beautiful Berlin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mastiff said:

It said in the Email don't tell anyone!!!!

So I could down load it first!!!

 

can't you guys read!!!

 

No they can't, like a bunch of little girls waiting to post something to Social Media. Mature gaming community indeed.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, purpheart23 said:

My apologies for my fellow forumites, we know not what we do. What a tragedy. Thank you though sir, for the hardwork and time it took to produce this for us. Appreciate you'll.

 

:D

The original reason to keep downloading quiet was back in the old days we had a single FTP server.  IIRC it could take 100 concurrent downloads at a time, so there was a reason to keep things mum until the preorder folks had their first swipe out it.  Now, with a massive international cloud network behind us, there's not much technical reason for it.  Now it's mostly to make sure the preoder customers get bragging rights.  Which, truth be told, is important!

Steve

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Idk if this is a bug or not but the update and module deleted all the user created scenarios and campaigns from my copy of CMRT. None of the updates/modules for the other games ever did this. It's not a huge deal as I can find most of them again but just wanted to put it out there. Other than that, great job! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bearstronaut said:

Idk if this is a bug or not but the update and module deleted all the user created scenarios and campaigns from my copy of CMRT. None of the updates/modules for the other games ever did this. It's not a huge deal as I can find most of them again but just wanted to put it out there. Other than that, great job! 

Yes, at least the Mac installers cleans out files that are not part of the official install. Scenarios, savegames etc.

Backup your tree before ugrading.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Freyberg said:

Wow - 7+ Gig. I think that's the biggest installer yet...

I think CMFI is larger? (checks)  Yup, CMFI is the same size for Windows, 8GB for MacOS (the installer doesn't compress as well).

The primary reason is we introduced both mud and snow seasons.  That triples the terrain, vehicle, and (mostly) uniforms. That right there is the bulk of the game's footprint.  This puts CMRT in about the same ballpark as CMFI.

Steve

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

:D

The original reason to keep downloading quiet was back in the old days we had a single FTP server.  IIRC it could take 100 concurrent downloads at a time, so there was a reason to keep things mum until the preorder folks had their first swipe out it.  Now, with a massive international cloud network behind us, there's not much technical reason for it.  Now it's mostly to make sure the preoder customers get bragging rights.  Which, truth be told, is important!

Steve

As long as you say so, I'm still disappointed though, I mean c'mon. lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting, I'm downloading now for my Win 7 and CMRT Full Installer say's 4.8 Gigs. 

Oh, and Damn, @Redwolf, where have you been all these years...It's been ages since I've seen you on this forum (or, so it seems).

 

Edited by JoMac
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Mastiff said:

I want my pre-order portion back!

1 hour to download, come-on!

 

 

The smaller patch sized version will be available in a few days. We knew people would rather have the larger download today than the smaller download next week. 

It took me 8 minutes to download it. Trying a different browser helps sometimes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JoMac said:

Interesting, I'm downloading now and my CMRT say's 4.8 Gigs. 

Oh, and Damn, Redwolf, where have you been all these years...It's been ages since I've seen you on this forum (or, so it seems).

 

No kidding, I just checked, my last post was 2014. I stop by the groghead forums regularly, though.

For some reason the Windows installer has a better compression program than the Mac one. Compressing textures takes special work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Redwolf said:

No kidding, I just checked, my last post was 2014. I stop by the groghead forums regularly, though.

For some reason the Windows installer has a better compression program than the Mac one. Compressing textures takes special work.

Welcome back!

The Mac installer doesn't compress as well because it's in Apple's installer and it's already compressed.  For whatever reason, RAR/ZIP doesn't improve upon.  I love RAR :)

Steve

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

No problem. From today on you can do no wrong.

At least until tomorrow when something breaks and it’s the weekend😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BFCElvis said:

I would turn down all graphic settings to the lowest setting before trying to load it in 3D. Once in the 3D map you can use the hotkeys to raise them back up. Then go get a sandwich or somefink. Take the dog for a walk. If you don't have a dog take the neighbors dog for a walk....just let them know what you're doing first. The only thing reinstalling is likely to do is frustrate. So, don't do that.

Thanks!  Understood.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...