Fire and Rubble

BFCElvis

On 10/26/2019 at 6:03 PM, landser said:

Yeah, too many Flintstones memes will result. Not a fan of that one, though it wouldn't affect a purchase decision or whether I enjoy it, it's just a name.

I like

Across the Oder

Final Assault

Red Vengeance (maybe too much in that?)

Reckoning

Just a few I whipped up, not that you asked....:)

Just some more brainstorming, if I may:

CM:RT / ER - End of the Reich

CM:RT / IR - Into the Reich

CM:RT / SR - Smashing the Reich  / Storming the Reich

CM:RT / SE - Scorched Earth   

CM:RT / RR - Reich in Ruins

CM:RT / DR - Death in Ruins

CM:RT / SV - Stalin's Victory

CM:RT / KV - From Koenigsberg to Victory

CM:RT / KB - From Kiev to Berlin

CM:RT / LV - Last Volkssturm

CM:RT / ST - Soviet's Triumph

16 hours ago, blondKnight said:

Combat Mission - Red Thunder module 1

The Return of Fegelein

*hits table repeatedly* FEGELEIN! FEGELEIN! FEGELEIN!

On 10/30/2019 at 2:36 PM, Aragorn2002 said:

Red Drizzle!

Isn't that a Slayer song?

On 10/30/2019 at 2:08 PM, IanL said:

Combat Mission Real Life? I think I'll pass on purchasing that module thanks :)

I can't imagine the traffic will be any better on the CM2 engine.

I, henceforth, alter my suggestion to Red Snow.

On 10/29/2019 at 7:04 PM, DerKommissar said:

Red Lightning?

From Kiev to Berlin !

Storming the Reich !

I like also this one 's, I think this must be something remind the Soviet advance 

My choice...

The Red Advance !

Red tracks to Berlin

To the Last door to the Reich !

Hourraaahhh !

Edited by 3j2m7

Personally I think the module shouldn't also be named after those red bastards, but should honor the last stand of the Wehrmacht. 

Last Stand, Last Laurels, something like that.

I know this will piss off the Bolshie lovers, but fair is fair.

Edited by Aragorn2002

Bolshie lover?  uhhhhh, the wehrmacht et al killed around 25M folks in soviet russia.  Russia did not attack germany.  So yes let's 'honor' them??  for a war of murder and extermination??  Hitler's plan was for the enslavement, banishment or murder of 160M people.  So yes, the russian invasion was certainly a most 'honorable' endeavor.  As long as we all agree that those 160M weren't actually people, but some sort of subhuman eastern hordes like all those twisted german memoirs always say (I've read piles of them).    

The last stand of the wehrmacht was utter madness, not something honorable.  It was the reckoning of their murderous actions.  Having said that, I am really looking forward to fighting on the Oder and in Hungary.  As either side.  Yes, well, I have to reconcile that somehow.....

And having said that, I am currently fighting through Blunting the Spear as wehrmacht, so where do I really go with this......

1 hour ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Personally I think the module shouldn't also be named after those red bastards, but should honor the last stand of the Wehrmacht. 

I know this will piss off the Bolshie lovers, but fair is fair.

Actually most of us Bolshie lovers won't get too upset, because those red bastards got the last laugh, so to speak, and we are too-well-used-to wargame developers pandering to players that glorify the German military.

That said, I have no idea why you'd consider that "honoring the last stand of the Wehrmacht" would be more "fair" than honoring those that defeated Nazism after it had treacherously invaded their country?  Weird...

9 minutes ago, 76mm said:

Actually most of us Bolshie lovers won't get too upset, because those red bastards got the last laugh, so to speak, and we are too-well-used-to wargame developers pandering to players that glorify the German military.

That said, I have no idea why you'd consider that "honoring the last stand of the Wehrmacht" would be more "fair" than honoring those that defeated Nazism after it had treacherously invaded their country?  Weird...

Yes something neutral but a name  representing both countries without "blessing" the other site and more democratic...

how about "We're F*&$ed So Let's Just Keep Pointlessly and Killing and Dying Because We Don't Know What Else To Do".  Or "Let's Justify This Somehow In Our Memoirs If We Survive" or "Oh This Whole War Was About Fighting Godless Bolshevism Not About Conquest and Plunder and a Monumental Land Grab".  Those would be good names.

But more seriously, things like Last Stand on the Oder, or Desperation in Hungary would be fine, I don't really care I suppose as long as it's not "My Honor is Loyalty" or some such fascist drivel.  Just bring me the battles.  

CM:RT / DR - Downfall of the Reich   

CM:RT / FP - Finally Peace

CM:RT / TD - Total Defeat   (or alternatively: Total Victory)

CM:RT / RB - Raging Bear

CM.RT / LP - Last Push

CM:RT / FP - Full Power

CM:RT / MV - Maximum Violence

CM:RT / DS - Death Struggle

CM:RT / RA - Reich in Agony

CM:RT / TW - Total War