Fire and Rubble

BFCElvis

10 hours ago, Modernrocco said:

I was in elementary school and being fascinated by the Wehrmacht, Luftwaffe, SS and everything about them...

My mum used to say that when she was a little girl and saw soldiers in German uniform she was amazed over how handsome they looked.

But those of the forum members who play Germans in the CM-games probably do that because they maybe say the same about the tanks, halftracks and other technical equipment the Germans had and not so much about how the soldiers looked in uniform.

Edited by BornGinger

I used to watch 《Patton》 on TV, a Bridge too far, Saving Private Ryan in the cinema, and a series of war films about the Soviet Union. I prefer the uniforms and weapons of the US, British and Soviet armies, but I am not interested in German ones. people around  who are interested in World War II are the opposite of me.

I can only find friends with the same preferences on the Internet,

You know, it's lonely not to have something in common

54 minutes ago, BornGinger said:

My mum used to say that when she was a little girl and saw soldiers in German uniform she was amazed over how handsome they looked.

But those of the forum members who play Germans in the CM-games probably do that because they maybe say the same about the tanks, halftracks and other technical equipment the Germans had and not so much about how the soldiers looked in uniform.

Perfect explanation.

54 minutes ago, t34577685 said:

I used to watch 《Patton》 on TV, a Bridge too far, Saving Private Ryan in the cinema, and a series of war films about the Soviet Union. I prefer the uniforms and weapons of the US, British and Soviet armies.

Watching the gun salutes for Prince Philip at this very moment. Smart British uniforms.

May he rest in peace.

8 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Watching the gun salutes for Prince Philip at this very moment. Smart British uniforms.

May he rest in peace

I just went to search and found this news.

I remember a vulgar joke I saw on the Internet this morning. I didn't understand what it meant.

Now I think about it before I understand what it means.

May he rest in peace

2 hours ago, t34577685 said:

I used to watch 《Patton》 on TV, a Bridge too far, Saving Private Ryan in the cinema, and a series of war films about the Soviet Union. I prefer the uniforms and weapons of the US, British and Soviet armies, but I am not interested in German ones. people around  who are interested in World War II are the opposite of me.

I can only find friends with the same preferences on the Internet,

You know, it's lonely not to have something in common

Who cares about uniforms? You're one of us!

7 minutes ago, Mr.X said:

@Aragorn:

Yes, their uniforms and helmets 👍😁  Even their generals wore the same pants as their predecessors in the German Army of WW II 😜

Lot of armies were using the German helmets after the ww2 (This is why we will have lot of possibilities to created lot of mods using CMCW and ww2 modules)😎😁

Also awaiting the famous reminding  DDR helmets for my future Yougoslavia mods 80' conflicts...🙂

https://wwiiafterwwii.wordpress.com/2016/03/07/the-stahlhelm-in-latin-america-after-wwii/

2 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

Lot of armies were using the German helmets after the ww2 (This is why we will have lot of possibilities to created lot of mods using CMCW and ww2 modules)😎😁

Also awaiting the famous reminding  DDR helmets for my future Yougoslavia mods 80' conflicts...🙂

https://wwiiafterwwii.wordpress.com/2016/03/07/the-stahlhelm-in-latin-america-after-wwii/

You're a busy man, JM!