Jump to content

Fire and Rubble


BFCElvis

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Well, it hardly matters anymore. Within a couple of weeks Cold War will be released and few people will pay attention to Fire and Rubble and when it will be ready.

I wont get Cold War, World War 2 is the only thing that interests me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

It discourages people to put down their payment for preorders. I have never done that, like they said in the old country. "Boter bij de vis." 

Ha.  I have not visited the forums in awhile and totally forgot I even "pre-ordered".  Guess I was not really missing anything.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unless you accept that Cold War did indeed have priority over Fire and Rubble in the past few years. As Steve told us so many times, the Eastern front only appeals to a relatively small group of wargamers, so commercially it is the least interesting for BFC.

All these stories that Fire and Rubble hardly suffered delay from the defence project, steam and Cold War? I find that harder and harder to believe. 

Not very honest, but good business strategy. Every dollar counts.

But who cares. So we wait for a couple of months more. Hardly matters after 6 years.

Edited by Aragorn2002
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

They will release it as soon as they can and they obviously can't yet. I don't expect a release in April. It would be better to announce that, so people know what to expect. 

I don't know what to think anymore, but it's a very strange situation. I suspect the story of this module is one of low priority (think  defence project, steam, cold war etc.) combined with a lack of resources. Must be very frustrating for the team working on it.

Especially with a superior who keeps announcing it will be released soon while it's not nearly ready...

The 16th is the day the Oder offensive began, effectively starting the Battle of Berlin, the cream of this module....

It's cool bro. Did you see my Radzy Team game? We can endure this 2 year battle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm going to try something different here; I don't think it will come out today and I have a bad feeling about tomorrow. 

See if that swings the pendulum to a release today or tomorrow. 

I think that 6 years developing anything would become a pain after a while, especially with so many set backs. I bet Battlefront wants to release it and move on just as bad as we want it. I get the sense they really dig what they do so, I'm sure their keen to share it. BFCElvis always seems pretty amped about fire and rubble. 

I think it is the lack of transparency or visibility as far as when it will be released that causes angst. It keeps everyone guessing whether it will be today or tomorrow. I get it though with the infrastructure and the unforeseen issues stemming from product testing. 

Whenever I play combat mission, I forget fire and rubble exists. It's only when not playing I scope the forum. 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, BornGinger said:

Yesterday was April's Fools Day, or what it's called, and it seems Battlefront didn't take the opportunity to fool those of you that are waiting for F&R.

I would never  do something like that. I'm very aware of how sensitive of an issue this is for some people.

If I were to do something on that day it would be announce something unexpected and have it be real. The memory is a little cloudy but I think that's when the Combat Mission Touch app was announced and no one thought it was real. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

I think that's when the Combat Mission Touch app was announced and no one thought it was real. 

Correct. Back in 2012 - if my memory isn´t too cloudy.

The joke was great - the app not so much, in my humble opinion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Almac said:

 

BFCElvis always seems pretty amped about fire and Rubble.

I don't blame him for the endless delay (anymore). I've become convinced he's doing his utmost. I blame BF as a whole though. This is no way to treat one's customers.

But honestly, for my part they can release FR in a couple of months or even later than that. Let's go for a Christmas release! 😉

But as a symbolic and empty gesture from my side I won't pre-order Cold War. I'll buy it when the other NATO forces turn up. Not interested to play US or USSR.

Edited by Aragorn2002
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The delay with releasing F&R is maybe due to all the testing of the new stuff that comes with it. With "new stuff" I mean updates to the game engine. And maybe those updates are so good so it will feel like we have gotten a completely new game engine and all of yous will say "The games is now so different with all these changes so it was totally worth the wait. I will never complain about BF anymore in the rest of my life".

Or maybe it's just that the work they have with the UK military, or whoever they have a special contract with, has had to be given more prioritised time so F&R and CW have had to wait a bit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BornGinger said:

The delay with releasing F&R is maybe due to all the testing of the new stuff that comes with it. With "new stuff" I mean updates to the game engine. And maybe those updates are so good so it will feel like we have gotten a completely new game engine and all of yous will say "The games is now so different with all these changes so it was totally worth the wait. I will never complain about BF anymore in the rest of my life".

Or maybe it's just that the work they have with the UK military, or whoever they have a special contract with, has had to be given more prioritised time so F&R and CW have had to wait a bit.

Everything is possible. 

Edited by Aragorn2002
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Everything is possible. 

yes...even gebirgsjägers with sidecaps...It is quite rare, but possible...

If the delay brings them the M43 cap It will worth the waiting...but I'm afraid will not be the case...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dan Dare said:

If the delay brings them the M43 cap It will worth the waiting...but I'm afraid will not be the case...

It's possible, Steve spoke about soviets in winter dress wearing on the heads a mix of helmets and fur caps. So germans with M43 caps and helmets shouldn't be strange.

Also I hope to have heer troops with a mixture of M43 and M44 uniforms.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jumpete said:

Also I hope to have heer troops with a mixture of M43 and M44 uniforms.

M43 and M44 mix is in. I'm away from my FR churner at the moment, but here's some other bits about uniforms-

There was a lot of research throughout this, and models were added for the gaps in RT that we had, as well as for the near 100-Years War level of uniform chaos that is 1945. Here are a few of the additions (there may be more, so I'll leave those for discovery).

There is an M43 cap in, used by the Volkssturm "Military" Appearance. That covers RAD troops, and just about anything auxiliary that saw combat that would have been in some form of uniform. I believe those also have helmets mixed in.

The other two Appearance options for the Volkssturm are "Standard" and "Greatcoat". Standard is the civilian-type kit, Greatcoat is civilan-type hats and...a greatcoat.

We have tried to add more targeted visual variety, as there are a lot of different, odd formations active in this time period, each with their own characteristics that I tend to prefer to have some visual representation of. Better than looking at icons to know what the enemy may be, or the UI if it is on-screen.

I believe random helmets and ushanka mixes are also making it in for winter conditions (headgear is a headache!). Getting the Soviets some additional visual improvements was a goal. There will also be the slung greatcoat (skatka, bedroll) model, which has shown up in the images previously.

Gebirgsjägers are a bit different. Those uniforms I did (using Mike's base) were a last minute add for CMFB, I believe. Steve had to do some magic to get the uniforms to show, so changing the headgear is another layer of complexity beyond the others. Better than not having the uniform at all, in my book. Possible in the future, but these seemingly small changes are prone to break lots of stuff.

I have some other things that I'll release as ideas or mods that didn't make it, post-release. This module has the largest accumulation of cutting-room floor in memory, and is already packed. Even with the years of development, there wasn't enough time to test all concepts and scenarios that were deemed nearly there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, benpark said:

M43 and M44 mix is in. I'm away from my FR churner at the moment, but here's some other bits about uniforms-

There was a lot of research throughout this, and models were added for the gaps in RT that we had, as well as for the near 100-Years War level of uniform chaos that is 1945. Here are a few of the additions (there may be more, so I'll leave those for discovery).

There is an M43 cap in, used by the Volkssturm "Military" Appearance. That covers RAD troops, and just about anything auxiliary that saw combat that would have been in some form of uniform. I believe those also have helmets mixed in.

The other two Appearance options for the Volkssturm are "Standard" and "Greatcoat". Standard is the civilian-type kit, Greatcoat is civilan-type hats and...a greatcoat.

We have tried to add more targeted visual variety, as there are a lot of different, odd formations active in this time period, each with their own characteristics that I tend to prefer to have some visual representation of. Better than looking at icons to know what the enemy may be, or the UI if it is on-screen.

I believe random helmets and ushanka mixes are also making it in for winter conditions (headgear is a headache!). Getting the Soviets some additional visual improvements was a goal. There will also be the slung greatcoat (skatka, bedroll) model, which has shown up in the images previously.

Gebirgsjägers are a bit different. Those uniforms I did (using Mike's base) were a last minute add for CMFB, I believe. Steve had to do some magic to get the uniforms to show, so changing the headgear is another layer of complexity beyond the others. Better than not having the uniform at all, in my book. Possible in the future, but these seemingly small changes are prone to break lots of stuff.

I have some other things that I'll release as ideas or mods that didn't make it, post-release. This module has the largest accumulation of cutting-room floor in memory, and is already packed. Even with the years of development, there wasn't enough time to test all concepts and scenarios that were deemed nearly there.

This one is really a monster module research  ! !

Edited by JM Stuff
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you kindly. I believe I have two scenarios, 4 campaigns (2 are from opposite perspectives), and a mess of big, historically derived maps (nearly 20?) and around 100+ QBs from said maps.

Lots of great scenarios by others, and I can finally (almost) play 'em myself!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, benpark said:

M43 and M44 mix is in. I'm away from my FR churner at the moment, but here's some other bits about uniforms-

There was a lot of research throughout this, and models were added for the gaps in RT that we had, as well as for the near 100-Years War level of uniform chaos that is 1945. Here are a few of the additions (there may be more, so I'll leave those for discovery).

There is an M43 cap in, used by the Volkssturm "Military" Appearance. That covers RAD troops, and just about anything auxiliary that saw combat that would have been in some form of uniform. I believe those also have helmets mixed in.

The other two Appearance options for the Volkssturm are "Standard" and "Greatcoat". Standard is the civilian-type kit, Greatcoat is civilan-type hats and...a greatcoat.

We have tried to add more targeted visual variety, as there are a lot of different, odd formations active in this time period, each with their own characteristics that I tend to prefer to have some visual representation of. Better than looking at icons to know what the enemy may be, or the UI if it is on-screen.

I believe random helmets and ushanka mixes are also making it in for winter conditions (headgear is a headache!). Getting the Soviets some additional visual improvements was a goal. There will also be the slung greatcoat (skatka, bedroll) model, which has shown up in the images previously.

Gebirgsjägers are a bit different. Those uniforms I did (using Mike's base) were a last minute add for CMFB, I believe. Steve had to do some magic to get the uniforms to show, so changing the headgear is another layer of complexity beyond the others. Better than not having the uniform at all, in my book. Possible in the future, but these seemingly small changes are prone to break lots of stuff.

I have some other things that I'll release as ideas or mods that didn't make it, post-release. This module has the largest accumulation of cutting-room floor in memory, and is already packed. Even with the years of development, there wasn't enough time to test all concepts and scenarios that were deemed nearly there.

Wait so the we got the field caps mixed with the helmets!?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...