15cm Syrian Off Map Arty

Hi all,

As I've been working on creating my campaign, there's been a lot of testing going on to see what does and doesn't work. We ran into issues with Syrian heavy artillery and the over pressure it generates. Specifically, the M46 (which is the heaviest piece) does not have enough to trigger mines, so the SAA can only clear minefields with sappers (unless you give them US/NATO 15.5cm). Also the M46 doesn't have enough knockdown power to take down walls very efficiently.

I though these reasons would be decent ones to make a thread asking BFC to look into maybe adding 152mm as off map assets for the Syrians. The 2S3 would work since they had them in 2008 and they're still being used. I think CM:BS has later versions of the 2S3 modeled as off map assets. Would that not make it a super simple addition to SF2? Add it to the UK pack and I can guarantee at least two sales 😂.

Respectfully,

LL

PS, I'll update my Tal Malah thread soon with more stuff...I've been busy working away at it 😁

On 10/21/2019 at 3:29 PM, Pelican Pal said:

IIRC you can just switch "side" in the scenario editor and give the Syrian's access to U.S. artillery.

As I stated, I we did extensive testing with the in game arty. For some of my scenarios we've had to use US/NATO assets to stand in for 15cm artillery and also for air controllers. It works as a kludge fix, but the immersion just isn't there. I refer to the "Russian" advisor from Moscow, Texas that features in my Al Hamamiyat scenario as an air controller...

Respectfully,

LL

Edited by Liveload

9 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

@37mm could probably tell you how to hide the kludge-fix with mods.....So long as there are no actual units from that nation in the battle it would work well.

Hi Sarge!

I appreciate that, but I don't want to force people to download mods just to play my scenarios. Perhaps if I do something more extensive in the future I could look into that, but as it stands it sure would be nice to have the 2S3 as an off map asset. I bet it would be super simple to add when they go to fix the ammo loadouts for the PKM, etc. 😁

Respectfully,

LL