Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Artillery fire mission tab & units?

When I select a fire mission, how can I know which unit I am selecting to perform a mission?  They all have the same description, and I will not get the lines connecting spotter, command, and unit until after I have confirmed the mission.  I think at that point I can cancel it, but it is not like canceling direct small arms/heavy weapons fire.  Because everyone does not reset, but is now busy.

I think there are valid reasons to want to know who is going to service your fire mission.  How many rounds do they still have?  Are they likely to be at the forward edge of battle soon ... then, I want their rounds down range before I lose their impact on the fight.

So, how can I know which market reflects which unit?

Thanks.

33 minutes ago, markshot said:

Thanks.

What is the difference between GENERAL and PERSONNEL?  Is the later an air burst?

Yes. In CMBN, that means timed airburst, so you can only select it during the setup phase. IN CMFB, there's also the VT fuse so you can use airburst during the mission.

Edited by Bulletpoint

1 hour ago, markshot said:

Surprise in CMBN I saw it while the fight was underway.  Maybe they added it in v4.  It was an off map M1A1 75mm.  I call for fire the very first turn it arrived onto a TRP (area fire).

I forgot to say that if you are using a TRP, you get the option for airburst at any point in the battle - the TRP counts as preplanned artillery.

Also, you can plot an airburst mission during setup and then select a delay to make it arrive up to 15 minutes into the battle.

Edited by Bulletpoint