Remembering Market Garden 75 years ago

In remembrance of those who fell at Arnhem, Nijmegen and other battlefields of Market Garden I'm always playing CMMG this time of the year. A sort of salute to all the soldiers and civilans who died during those dark days, on both sides. I'm Battlefront still grateful for this superb module. I wonder whether there are any (dutch) building mods or other specifically 'dutch' mods?

Edited by Aragorn2002

4 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Just spent my Sunday lunch watching the brilliant "Market Garden 60 years on" produced by TV Gelderland. 

Just watched it on Youtube. Good summary of what happened. Yesterday around 1000 paratroopers jumped over the Ginkelse Heide, to the Northwest of Arnhem. Among them a British veteran of 97 years...My God, what a generation!

Edited by Aragorn2002

7 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Yes, I have watched the footage of his tandem jump on the BBC a couple of times. An old girlfriend of mine emigrated to The Netherlands in the 1980's. During the 1990's she ran a restaurant in a village just off of "Hell's Highway", every September she would have veterans in there. 

These old gentlemen are going to be missed. Not many of them left anymore. Last Saturday more than 100 000 people came to see the airlanding at the Ginkelse Heide. I must say I was a bit surprised to see that the BBC didn't pay any attention to Market Garden. At least I didn't see it.

42 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

These old gentlemen are going to be missed. Not many of them left anymore. Last Saturday more than 100 000 people came to see the airlanding at the Ginkelse Heide. I must say I was a bit surprised to see that the BBC didn't pay any attention to Market Garden. At least I didn't see it.

All I could find was a few stories over the weekend on their website.