Stryker campaign

zmoney

Hey boys currently playing the first mission and briefing says I have 120mm support from the outset. But alas there is none. Also why in the heck do I have a JTAC feller along for the ride when the briefing specifically says I won’t be getting air cover anytime soon. Why JTAC and not Forward Observer?????

I've reported these issues and they were acknowledged.....@IanL  Any news at all?

There are also issues with some of the briefings IIRC.....It's a while since I looked at it.

PS - IIRC a JTAC gets the best call times for drones, @MOS:96B2P can probably confirm or deny.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

10 hours ago, Raptorx7 said:

JTAC's are usually embedded with army units so its just a matter of that being the TOE. Plus they can be used to call in artillery and drones, so its not like those guys don't have a job when there isn't any air support available.

Yea but so are forward observers and they aren’t included in the mission. Point is, it’s strange to bring JTAC but leave FO.

• 2 months later...

@IanL  Going to bump this.

I've just started the campaign again.....Obviously these issues are still there and they really could do with some attention.  ;)

If you need screenies or saves of particular issues, I'll try to oblige.....In the first couple of scenarios it's mostly a case of the TOE not matching the briefings.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Couple of notes on the first scenario:

As mentioned above, the 120mm mortars listed in the briefing are missing.

There were three oddly placed Red TRPs, close together, all in one of the main objectives.....Should these perhaps be Blue TRPs for the player's use? 

This mission is beyond difficult as it currently stands.....There really are a hell of a lot of Russians out there, your main tool to destroy them is your artillery, but you only have one battery and it takes around seven minutes to FFE. 

Hence my query about those TRPs.....They could make all the difference if they were for the player's use and he placed them right. 

BTW - There are three main objectives for the Blue player, plus countless minor touch objectives, most of which you can't get to without crossing a river.....Which again makes me wonder about those TRPs?

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

16 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

@IanL  Going to bump this.

I've just started the campaign again.....Obviously these issues are still there and they really could do with some attention.  ;)

Hummm I'm not sure why I said I would check in a week or so. No one is doing any work on internal campaigns and scenarios for Black Sea. When a next module is started people will get back there. I would expect this to take a while to be looked at.

I thought it was yourself or perhaps @sburke.....Long time ago TBH.

This campaign is part of the CM:BS scenario pack, which is still for sale.  It really does merit some attention IMHO, all things considered.....If I could get the campaign de-compiler working I'd be happy to at least attempt to 'fix it' myself.  ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if that would explain the missing mortars in the first mission (I never got beyond the second, again, too depressed at my defeats)?

You are given two ATGM vehicles, which are about as much use as a chocolate teapot.....I wonder if they were meant to be 120mm mortar vehicles?

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Yes this campaign is really hard, I had to redo each mission several times. Currently in the 6th one, and after surviving a very agressive rush at the begining,  I'm facing helicopters without any air defence asset.

On 12/30/2019 at 9:26 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I wonder if that would explain the missing mortars in the first mission (I never got beyond the second, again, too depressed at my defeats)?

You are given two ATGM vehicles, which are about as much use as a chocolate teapot.....I wonder if they were meant to be 120mm mortar vehicles?

I used them to destroy a few BTRs from accross the river.

On 12/30/2019 at 3:26 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I suppose that could be the scenario designer confusing two models of Stryker, but there are plenty of times in military history equipment was taken out that was not needed. It would be interesting to play scenarios where you have assets that are not perfect for your given mission but find a way to make them work.

I know in Afghanistan we used our TOW for observation with the great optics, especially the thermals but never contemplated firing a missile.

• 4 weeks later...

Glad to see it wasn't just me having some difficulty on that first misson and wondering about the mortars. Even with the mortars it seems a bit unbalanced but it would have gone a long way to stop a couple rushes. I just had a whole platoon of Russians run at my guys with a sniper team and a recon squad to try and hold them off. Stryker had already expended all its 40mm and the ATGM just sat there taking bullets. 

Edited by BigDork

• 1 month later...
On 1/17/2020 at 7:21 AM, JohnO said:

I'm still waiting for a response from Imperial Grunt to reply back. If I don't hear from him, I will start to fix the campaign scenarios and get it posted by end of next week.

Any luck fixing the campaign? If so where can I find it?

• 2 weeks later...