Buddy aid bug

zmoney

I’ve noticed in CMSF and possibly CMBS that while doing buddy aid on a wounded saw or 203 gunner the squad does not retain the weapon. Initially I suspected that the weapon was destroyed as well but due to my poor leadership I have had many wounded soldiers and I have lost the weapon every time. Anyone else notice this???

59 minutes ago, zmoney said:

I’ve noticed in CMSF and possibly CMBS that while doing buddy aid on a wounded saw or 203 gunner the squad does not retain the weapon. Initially I suspected that the weapon was destroyed as well but due to my poor leadership I have had many wounded soldiers and I have lost the weapon every time. Anyone else notice this???

think weapon recovering is basically decided by the more random selection of buddy aiding guys. If the aide is not a "gunner" class then he just thinks for himself and not for his parent unit (team or squad) needing a particular weapon quite urgently. Have many those WTF moments in CMBN and CMFB thinking why a particular guy decides for buddy aiding and looting a particular weapon (or rather not). Latest such event was a squad´s "assistant" lMG gunner (quite a problematic "class"  in various ways) deciding to buddy aid on another squads lMG gunner, fetching his lMG and then returning to his own associated lMG gunner. This yielded to a lMG team with 2 lMG´s, but the recovered one is never used since the assistant lMG gunner (carrying the looted lMG on back) is mostly busy assisting his own gunner. In CMBN german squads it´s mostly the No 6 or 7 rifleman beeing the assistant and closely tied to his lMG gunner. In this case I´d liked for other potential aides in same AS to do buddy aid then taking the lMG and having it available for further use in the mission. Note: Most german soldiers had at least basic training on lMG´s so the current "class" system here bit of fails.

Also each soldier has a weight limit. Sometimes he won't pick up a valuable weapon because he can't pick up a valuable weapon. This pops up sometimes when you're 'acquiring' out a of a vehicle too. You load up on ammo first then find you can't acquire the weapon because it'll take you over the weight limit.

1 hour ago, MikeyD said:

Also each soldier has a weight limit. Sometimes he won't pick up a valuable weapon because he can't pick up a valuable weapon. This pops up sometimes when you're 'acquiring' out a of a vehicle too. You load up on ammo first then find you can't acquire the weapon because it'll take you over the weight limit.

interesting. I heard about weight limit, but usually can´t seem to notice my pixeltroopers beeing affected from it. I´m using some ammo depots for some mission of mine and a player can grab what he sees fit. In test plays I partly have pixeltroopers loaded with maybe 50 to 100 % extra loads, but thus far I haven´t seen them tiring faster or making odd choices from buddy aid. Is there some known hard data on that? I.E a final load limit or a particular relation to soft factors (tiring...) ? Just checked GM and can´t find anything about that. 

On 9/12/2019 at 12:35 PM, RockinHarry said:

have pixeltroopers loaded with maybe 50 to 100 % extra loads, but thus far I haven´t seen them tiring faster or making odd choices from buddy aid. Is there some known hard data on that?

Haver read apocryphal stories in these forums that there is some statistical degradation in movement.  But, as you say the degradation is so small as to be not noticeable in the game.  Have often wondered if there should be a lower limit on the amount of ammo and support weapons that can be carried.  Loading up a two man team with thousands of rounds should result in a big difference in movement/fatigue.

43 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Haver read apocryphal stories in these forums that there is some statistical degradation in movement.  But, as you say the degradation is so small as to be not noticeable in the game.  Have often wondered if there should be a lower limit on the amount of ammo and support weapons that can be carried.  Loading up a two man team with thousands of rounds should result in a big difference in movement/fatigue.

it´s at least from my current perception and running experiences playing the game quite normally. More in depth testing with stadardized unit soft factors (fitness) and certain amount ammo added, then moving over longer ranges in different move modes (move , quick etc) might reveal some more accurate data maybe. Thus far I load my poor pixeltroopers like pack mules, but at shorter ranges only. :P:D

10 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

We're assuming that the decision isn't random?

I was experimenting with scenarios solely featuring Spies in CM:SF1 (all based on an image from @LongLeftFlank).....Getting weapons for them was a big part of the scenario, so if they won't pick them up any more it's all a bit moot.  :unsure:

personally I just can tell of my running experiences in CMBN and CMFB, with mentioned odd occurrences in particular. Surely deserves some more in depth testing to see how much randomness is actually involved here. Some my guess is that pixeltrooper "class" (leader, gunner, assistant etc) plays a role, but I still find it hard (or impossible) predicting the games choice on medics and what they´ll loot or rather not.