Unlicense or Uninstall first...

MK

I'm sure this has probably been asked before (multiple times actually), but I can't seem to find the answer...

I have purchased a new computer and want to make sure I do this correctly, so I don't lose my license activation for 3 of my games...

A couple of my Strategic Command games have the Uninstall option and an Unlicense option. Do I have to do both? Would I Unlicense first, then uninstall? Or is it not necesssary to Unlicense?

Thank you Jyri, for the reply. I just want to double check: These games are in my menu under 'Battlefront": they do have 'uninstall and unlicense' options available as submenu options:

so even though the 'Strategic Command 2: Blitzkrieg' and 'Strategic Command: Global Conflict' both have submenu options under 'Licensing'  to 'unlicense', there is no need to do that, correct?

Edited by MK

2 hours ago, MK said:

Thank you Jyri, for the reply. I just want to double check: These games are in my menu under 'Battlefront": they do have 'uninstall and unlicense' options available as submenu options:

so even though the 'Strategic Command 2: Blitzkrieg' and 'Strategic Command: Global Conflict' both have submenu options under 'Licensing'  to 'unlicense', there is no need to do that, correct?

wrong forum for those games - you may want to just open a ticket with BF.

If your Strategic Command games have an 'unlicense' option, then you will WANT TO DO THAT FIRST. Those games utilize the eLicense copy-protection system and have two activations per license key that you need to maintain by unlicensing anything you're not going to play (such as moving to a new computer and the old one will get decommissioned). Later Strategic Command games utilize the newer copy-protection system that does NOT have an unlicense option. In those cases you can simply uninstall the game since they come with 4 activations per license key and you simply put in a request to the Helpdesk (https://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/ , accessed from the main Battlefront webpage under the 'Support' menu) to have them add another activation once you have run out of your 4 activations.

Thank you all for the comments and help! I did find the way to start a ticket with Battlefront and received these instructions from "John'

at the help desk:

''Comment by: John Costello
    Hi Michael,
    Unlicense before uninstalling. And if you do end up messing something up I can always reset your keys if you send them to me. So, don't stress it. :-)
    Thank you for your support!
    John ''

My thanks to all here who have provided some instructions. I think I'll be able to do this. :)