Jump to content

Rome to Victory Release Date


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

good god, is this really even happening?  this false equivalence bulls-t?  "oh, well the allies did bad things too so everyone is equal." We are not blind or stupid as Aragorn likes to imply.  We KNOW

Yeah and lets just be clear. that is a nazi apologists site. "If the German Army acted with absolute disregard for the Geneva Conventions of 1929 pertaining to prisoner of war (POW), the Allies,

In my real life job I design and test the propulsion plants for nuclear submarines. We don't follow those guidelines. Because, ..., well, submarines.   🙂

Posted Images

19 hours ago, infierno said:

Is it too much to ask for something other than a sly little update to the store page to change "October" to "November" on November 1st?   Battlefront really just don't give a ****, huh?

LOL wow. Yeah you have it totally wrong. The *do* give a **** - several actually - which is why they didn't just release it as is to meet some date. They actually want the game to be ready before they release it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, IanL said:

LOL wow. Yeah you have it totally wrong. The *do* give a **** - several actually - which is why they didn't just release it as is to meet some date. They actually want the game to be ready before they release it.

They care about releasing a quality product, sure.  That's not what I was saying.  I am saying they don't give a **** about transparency and communication.  That cannot be any clearer.  They are perfectly happy with updating the "expected Month X" to "expected Month Y" on day 1 of Month Y, which anybody with a pair of eyes and a calendar could have told me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Michael Emrys said:

...And you know what Mark Twain said about statistics.

Michael

Lies, damned lies and statistics. I wonder if mad cow disease was a damn lie ?

 

p.s. Picture removed from my previous post .... ( some people found it political  and I apologies for any inconvenience caused )

All good now ....

Edited by Ales Dvorak
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ales Dvorak said:

Lies, damned lies and statistics. I wonder if mad cow disease was a damn lie ?

 

p.s. Picture removed from my previous post .... ( some people found it political  and I apologies for any inconvenience caused )

All good now ....

No worries and thanks.  You and I have been around these parts for a very very long time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, infierno said:

They care about releasing a quality product, sure.  That's not what I was saying.  I am saying they don't give a **** about transparency and communication.  That cannot be any clearer.  They are perfectly happy with updating the "expected Month X" to "expected Month Y" on day 1 of Month Y, which anybody with a pair of eyes and a calendar could have told me.

This is something that I think that I will take your advice on when the CMRT module pre-sales open. Best not to put any estimate for release in the pre-order. Giving our best estimate has turned out to be more trouble than it is worth.

As far as "transparency and communication", I think this comment  holds no water. Both Steve and myself have frequently commented about some of the hurdles that this module has put in front of us. We've both stated what is actually going on. Hard to be more transparent than that unless you think that we are making them up and something else is going on. And if communicating the exact same thing on a daily basis is what you're looking for then you're unlikely to get that. Once it's communicated it doesn't need to be repeated every day......or even weekly...or monthly. Who wants posts that say "ya know X, Y and Z that we said are slowing things down? They still are." every day, week...month?

For what it's worth, and without getting too deep into someone's personal life/situation, one of the key people in the project has had difficulty in recent times because they are in the area of the California wildfires and have had issues with having electricity. Those in the States are probably familiar with what is going on out there but people outside of the US may not be aware of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the comment was more about the semi-stealth edit of the store page at the end of every month.  Its not about the quality of the product or meeting artificial deadlines.  Its about knowing a couple weeks in advance you aren't going to make the date and then not saying anything until someone notices on the store page.

You said a couple weeks ago that that week and the next week (this week now) didn't look good.  So you heavily suspected October was a no go.  Why not change the store date then?  Your comment would only be seen the few people frequenting this thread.  How about being a little more proactive in updating that stuff?  No one is expecting you to predict the exact date or rush the product out the door.  Just some basic customer communications on your official website.

Not that big of a deal me, but I think I understand where the guy is coming from.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

This is something that I think that I will take your advice on when the CMRT module pre-sales open. Best not to put any estimate for release in the pre-order. Giving our best estimate has turned out to be more trouble than it is worth.

As far as "transparency and communication", I think this comment  holds no water. Both Steve and myself have frequently commented about some of the hurdles that this module has put in front of us. We've both stated what is actually going on. Hard to be more transparent than that unless you think that we are making them up and something else is going on. And if communicating the exact same thing on a daily basis is what you're looking for then you're unlikely to get that. Once it's communicated it doesn't need to be repeated every day......or even weekly...or monthly. Who wants posts that say "ya know X, Y and Z that we said are slowing things down? They still are." every day, week...month?

For what it's worth, and without getting too deep into someone's personal life/situation, one of the key people in the project has had difficulty in recent times because they are in the area of the California wildfires and have had issues with having electricity. Those in the States are probably familiar with what is going on out there but people outside of the US may not be aware of it.

Elvis I appreciate your communications, and I should have been clear that you've been transparent in your posts here.  Thewood1 nailed it on the head.  FWIW, I think it's fine to give a general estimate like "Q4 2019" and update it if it doesn't make it and pushes back to "Q1 2020."  It would also probably be easier to come up with a quick prepared announcement around Jan. 1st if you're only updating the estimate quarterly -- just a thought.  But yeah, no estimate is of course simplest 😉

Sorry to hear about the difficulties re: California being on fire -- I'm in California too but fortunate enough not to be affected.  Hopefully project member and their family is safe and their property isn't affected too badly.

Edited by infierno
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, weapon2010 said:

 For  most of their releases BF have been very close to the 6-8 week window from pre-order to release,just not on this one, there is an old customer service proverb, "Under promise and over deliver".

Correct. There is an old (banned but not for this) forum member who used to track the time from pre-orders opening until release. And that is what he found...I haven't look up his talley but my memory was that it was usually 6 weeks. For those that are interested in this kind of thing it should serve as an example of how unusual this is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I looked around and must have missed it.  Is there a new schedule for CMFI module release?

A bigger question...I have seen several road maps from Steve on the entire CM product family in the past.  None of them seem to hold up for long.  Is there any word on the order of new games/modules/packs?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...