Operation Husky (Commonwealth)

You might want to reread that page. It doesn't include the phrase "commonwealth campaign". It says that the Commonwealth side are represented in "stunning detail". Sadly, in regards to "Husky," that is confined to stand alone battles, and the Fallschirmjager campaign where you are playing against the British. 

56 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

You might want to reread that page. It doesn't include the phrase "commonwealth campaign". It says that the Commonwealth side are represented in "stunning detail". Sadly, in regards to "Husky," that is confined to stand alone battles, and the Fallschirmjager campaign where you are playing against the British. 

Dang it, I was hoping that was not the case. Thanks for the clarification.

1 hour ago, Darknight (DC) said:

There is a 3-mission campaign out there called "Welcome to Sicily" that features:

• No 40 RM Commado
  • elements of 51st (Highland) Division
  • 50th Royal Tank Regt
  • 2nd SAS Regiment
  • 1st Para, 1st Airborne Division
  • Three Rivers Regt, 1st Cdn Tank Bde
  • Royal Canadian Regiment, 1st CdnID

Out where? It isn' t in The Scenario Depot.

Edited by umlaut

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very true, it is a real beach, with lots of gullies between the dunes to move through. I went for attacking down the left flank, using my Brens for suppression, then adding the MMG's and Mortars to the mix as they came ashore, rather than wait for the tanks and naval guns. I only swung right after the naval bombardment was over.

In my opinion, this is a great little campaign - with one flaw. 

The maps and scenarios are very well made, but unfortunately I think the briefings are a bit sloppy: Not enough info on when reinforcement are arriving - or even where. In the last scenario you dont know at which end of the map the reinforcements will arrive.

That is a real pity as everything else is so well made.

1 hour ago, umlaut said:

In my opinion, this is a great little campaign - with one flaw. 

The maps and scenarios are very well made, but unfortunately I think the briefings are a bit sloppy: Not enough info on when reinforcement are arriving - or even where. In the last scenario you dont know at which end of the map the reinforcements will arrive.

That is a real pity as everything else is so well made.

I agree with you that a bit more info would be nice.With regards the timing of reinforcements, perhaps the designer is trying to reflect the actual uncertain nature of the invasion itself. As for where your reinforcements will arrive, you need a very good memory of the previous two battles.

I'll add some more thoughts once I finish the fight.