Stacked disembark orders

tenebre6

I may be doing this wrong, but i read and watched the tutorial. So if i move a transport then after this select my troops to move to another location, should they not ride until the transport gets to its way point then disembark?

no matter what I do my troops always immediately jump out (then die horribly) then the transport drives without them. what am i doing wrong?

5 hours ago, tenebre6 said:

I may be doing this wrong, but i read and watched the tutorial. So if i move a transport then after this select my troops to move to another location, should they not ride until the transport gets to its way point then disembark?

no matter what I do my troops always immediately jump out (then die horribly) then the transport drives without them. what am i doing wrong?

This can happen if you are using the Dismount order  (I don't know if you are or not).  If you are using Dismount it has the effect of making infantry dismount at the start of the turn. It allows you to dismount infantry and then move the AFV, in one turn. Whereas the infantry movement orders allows you to move the AFV, and then dismount the infantry.

So you plot the AFV movement waypoints.  You also plot the infantry movement waypoints (ignore dismount).  The infantry will stay in the vehicle until the vehicle stops (as planned or due to enemy action).  After the vehicle stops the infantry will dismount and attempt to follow their waypoints.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Passengers usually dismount from a tank if it receives fire, (but not from an intact carrier) and if they have a destination waypoint will attempt to move there.  If the carrier is disabled/immobilized or killed, passengers will disembark, and if they have a destination waypoint will attempt to move there.

Am not sure passengers will dismount from a tank if the tank stops and fires it gun(s).  Will not dismount from a carrier that stops to fire.

On 9/15/2019 at 1:54 AM, Erwin said:

Passengers usually dismount from a tank if it receives fire, (but not from an intact carrier) and if they have a destination waypoint will attempt to move there.  If the carrier is disabled/immobilized or killed, passengers will disembark, and if they have a destination waypoint will attempt to move there.

Am not sure passengers will dismount from a tank if the tank stops and fires it gun(s).  Will not dismount from a carrier that stops to fire.

you might already know there is no mounting of tanks in BS? In other titles with mounted units I believe dismounts wont dismount while mounted under fire :P

2 hours ago, grungar said:

In other titles with mounted units I believe dismounts wont dismount while mounted under fire

I was trying to provide a general rule for all CM2 titles.  I certainly have seen units dismount from tanks under fire - not from armored IFV's.  Can't recall what happens with soft sided like trucks.