What I'd like to see in CM3...

In fact, I do not need CM3. I will be more than happy with just few enhancements :

1. Ability to split squads inside vehicule to dismount only the needed team.

2. Ability to keep damage on a map like the old Operation of CM1 (a modern urban battle could be splitted In several scenario on the same map)

3. In the editor, increase the number of AI groups - 32 instead of 16 (to allow more flexibility)

4. In the editor, increase the number of Terrain objectives - 30 instead of 15 (to add more AI triggers)

5. In the editor, allow Setup of AI group to be linked to an AI trigger (to add an AI group on the map depending on the location of the other side not only of a time period)

6. In the editor, allow more control of AI indirect fire missions (duration, smoke or normal rounds, initiated by AI triggers)

7. Add more default flavor objects

But, if one would like a wish for CM3, introduce machine learning for AI so that it can learn battle after battle the best way to defeat you (both for StratAI and TacAI).

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:42 PM, ncc1701e said:

In fact, I do not need CM3. I will be more than happy with just few enhancements :

2. Ability to keep damage on a map like the old Operation of CM1 (a modern urban battle could be splitted In several scenario on the same map)

3. In the editor, increase the number of AI groups - 32 instead of 16 (to allow more flexibility)

4. In the editor, increase the number of Terrain objectives - 30 instead of 15 (to add more AI triggers)

5. In the editor, allow Setup of AI group to be linked to an AI trigger (to add an AI group on the map depending on the location of the other side not only of a time period)

6. In the editor, allow more control of AI indirect fire missions (duration, smoke or normal rounds, initiated by AI triggers)

But, if one would like a wish for CM3, introduce machine learning for AI so that it can learn battle after battle the best way to defeat you (both for StratAI and TacAI).

What he said, in a nutshell.  B)

You can sort of simulate that with on-map spawning & exit zones (I tend to do this in conjunction with manhole flavour objects, fake railway tunnels etc.), assuming you have the reinforcement slots/terrain objectives to spare.....Smaller tends to be better for MOUT maps as is IMHO.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

On 8/12/2019 at 11:22 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

You can sort of simulate that with on-map spawning & exit zones (I tend to do this in conjunction with manhole flavour objects, fake railway tunnels etc.), assuming you have the reinforcement slots/terrain objectives to spare.....Smaller tends to be better for MOUT maps as is IMHO.

The thing is I would like the guys to enter the tunnel to be the same at the end of it, keeping them untouched (same ammo level, casualties). Your method works but, here, this is a new team. And, how do you insure the guys are actually leaving before entering the new ones?

On 8/4/2019 at 4:42 PM, ncc1701e said:

I like all of these. #3 would be great along with larger maps in a modern CMBS type game.

Also a revamp of the ACQUIRE system so that adjacent units could swap ammo (at least) with some limitations and time penalties - thus eliminating the non fun "make work" aspects of 1) split squads 2) embark several teams 3) ACQUIRE ammo and weapons 4) Disembark 5) reintegrate the squad 6) split the squad again to desired teams.

Also would like to see a "Wait in Ambush to shoot, then scoot to cover" order for snipers and AT teams.

Edited by Erwin

Revamp the way direct fire mortars work. Currently, they either fire very fast for a full minute, wasting many shells. Or they fire very slowly (target light), which takes forever to knock out the target.

Instead, they could work like in real life: The mortar is given a target order; it then then fires a couple of rounds to get the range; then it rapidly fires three shells on target. The officer evaluates the effect and can then order another salvo. This time without the spotting rounds, as the mortar already has the range.

Alternatively, it could work like this: Giving a Target Brief order, the timer would only start to count down once the mortar was done aiming and finding range, and had begun the fire for effect phase.

Edited by Bulletpoint

44 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

Revamp the way direct fire mortars work. Currently, they either fire very fast for a full minute, wasting many shells. Or they fire very slowly (target light), which takes forever to knock out the target.

Instead, they could work like in real life: The mortar is given a target order; it then then fires a couple of rounds to get the range; then it rapidly fires three shells on target. The officer evaluates the effect and can then order another salvo. This time without the spotting rounds, as the mortar already has the range.

👍

Michael

My additional wishes (beside those that have already been mentioned) for CMx3 would be :

- the trenches and fox holes  should be like in Shock Force 1 >>> IN the ground and hard to spot from far away

- better sandbag barriers for AT guns and more sandbag variations

- tanks should be able to roll over infantry, cars, AT guns and even break through some house walls

- better explosions, smoke, fire and burning >>> hey come on, it's a WARGAME! 😎  A wargame is not only about strategy and tactics - people also love to play these because of the chaos and destruction

- completely destructible environment (like it is possible in "Men of War")

- overhaul of the dead bodies and death animations >>> at present there seems to be a MASSIVE overappearance of the "Egyptian Body"

and there is only one "dead resp. dying" that looks really good IMHO: It is the one who falls on his back and his arm additionally falls to the side

- medics and ambulances

- motorcycles and motorcycles with sidecar

- better sounds for motors, engines, guns, grenades, explosions etc. >>> and how could BF add the muffled/incompehensible voice files from CMx1?

- chain tracks and tire tracks in the ground (where it appears in reality) and footprints in the snow

- more mild colours resp. less intense red during the unit setup/deployment mode. This intense red makes people blind.

- an option for to set WIND CONDITIONS

- a camo net to hide AT guns and Flaks

- slower turning tank turrets and no twitching

- tanks should be operated by the crews instead of acting like self-operating/automatic "Terminator2 machines"

- more realistic movement of "hunting" soldiers and the soldiers in general

It is only a wishlist but dreaming will probably still be allowed. ;)

Edited by Shorker

14 hours ago, Shorker said:

- chain tracks and tire tracks in the ground (where it appears in reality) and footprints in the snow

The problem with this is that the player can see these all over the map, thus giving away the position of any enemy units that he shouldn't know the whereabouts of. It is bad enough that vehicle unit crossing fences give away their positions already, and men fording streams leave splash marks while in the water.

Michael

15 hours ago, Shorker said:

and there is only one "dead resp. dying" that looks really good IMHO: It is the one who falls on his back and his arm additionally falls to the side

My favorite is the stomach clutch and drop. It's the most realistic in my opinion. Totally agree on the "Egyptian" dude.

I can't wait until the "monkey run" animation is replaced for pistol packing crews etc. God, I hate that animation!

Mord.

7 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:
21 hours ago, Shorker said:

The problem with this is that the player can see these all over the map, thus giving away the position of any enemy units that he shouldn't know the whereabouts of. It is bad enough that vehicle unit crossing fences give away their positions already, and men fording streams leave splash marks while in the water.

Let's say they made it so that you can only see the tracks from your own guys?

Edited by Bulletpoint

1 hour ago, Bulletpoint said:

Let's say they made it so that you can only see the tracks from your own guys?

chain tracks in the ground...

Disappear after some sec/minutes like most of the games on the net...is only to give a real effect...

well in the reality there is also nobody to erase the tracks and footprints on the ground... you want reality you have reality... scouts are there to detect eni !!

Edited by 3j2m7