Trouble with getting Aris mods to work in CMFB

15 hours ago, Ithikial_AU said:

Not to mention there's no snow textured vehicles in CMBN

I wonder if this is the difference. If you use a CMFB in the time frame where the white wash vehicles are used the game adds a mod tab (winter or snow I forget). In that case the CMBN mods will not have files with that tag and therefore the game will load the stock CMFB textures.

34 minutes ago, IanL said:

I wonder if this is the difference. If you use a CMFB in the time frame where the white wash vehicles are used the game adds a mod tab (winter or snow I forget). In that case the CMBN mods will not have files with that tag and therefore the game will load the stock CMFB textures.

This is in the Peiper capaign timeframe, so it's before there was snow on the ground.

Here's a strange thing: Testing with the 251/9 Stummel, the game does load the interior mod texture for the vehicle. But not the exterior. None of the files are tagged with anything.

Meanwhile, @MOS:96B2P has been trying to help me out by testing the same vehicle on his end. And he does get the full mod texture, both interior and exterior. With the exact same files (through dropbox).

53 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

Here's a strange thing: Testing with the 251/9 Stummel, the game does load the interior mod texture for the vehicle. But not the exterior.

Strange.

Is it worth spending time and energy on trying to get something designed for CMBN to work in CMFB? I know my personal answer, only you can decide for yourselves. :)

53 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

None of the files are tagged with anything.

The CMBN mods sould not have any tags. I was talking about the CMFB game looking for files with tags. Just clarifying since you already ruled that out due to time frame of the scenario you are fighting.

18 minutes ago, IanL said:
1 hour ago, Bulletpoint said:

Here's a strange thing: Testing with the 251/9 Stummel, the game does load the interior mod texture for the vehicle. But not the exterior.

Strange.

Is it worth spending time and energy on trying to get something designed for CMBN to work in CMFB? I know my personal answer, only you can decide for yourselves. :)

Obviously not. I thought it would just work... Then I thought there must be some little mistake I made that caused the problem. After several hours of trying to fix it, I suddenly realised I wasted an afternoon and evening.

Since there's obviously no easy fix for this, I'm going to spend my time on something better :)

The thing with CMFB is that it uses a lot more mod tags than CMBN. Textures will be replaced by others if the ground conditions are muddy or snowy, or if vehicles are supposed to be whitewashed, which will make the default textures not appear. Copy-pasting then renaming should do the job if Aris hasn't made the corresponding textures.

If you can't see what's wrong, extract the base game files using the mod tools BF generously gave us access to and take a peek inside the texture folders. 99% of the time your answer will be there. There may also be more vanilla texture variants than Aris made. He also made a few textures for CMFB, go snatch them.

Edited by Frenchy56

I have many of Ari's CMBN mods loaded into CMFB. The only one that has given me any trouble is his All In One CMBN Sherman pack which obviously wouldn't have some of the late war Sherman skins. I also have some CMRT German vehicle mods to fill in for some missing stuff from CMBN as well. This applies to only the vanilla textures of course. There are no whitewashed or other post Aris mod tagged mods. In any case, with the above noted exceptions, his mods all work for me in CMFB.

• 2 months later...
On 7/16/2019 at 11:24 PM, Splinty said:

I have many of Ari's CMBN mods loaded into CMFB. The only one that has given me any trouble is his All In One CMBN Sherman pack which obviously wouldn't have some of the late war Sherman skins. I also have some CMRT German vehicle mods to fill in for some missing stuff from CMBN as well. This applies to only the vanilla textures of course. There are no whitewashed or other post Aris mod tagged mods. In any case, with the above noted exceptions, his mods all work for me in CMFB.

Insteresting and strange. They don't seem to work for me. But maybe it's the CMRT mods that do the trick?

The Bulge vehicles make extensive use of the [muddy] tag. Which means on certain terrain in certain weather conditions the hullsides, wheels and tracks get caked with mud. If you're using a mod that doesn't include [muddy] tagged art the game will use the default tagged art.

The easiest workaround is to make a copy of the mod's hull & wheels and add [muddy] to the name.

On 10/11/2019 at 3:48 PM, MikeyD said:

If you're using a mod that doesn't include [muddy] tagged art the game will use the default tagged art.

Even if the conditions in the scenario are not muddy?

Because what I'm seeing is that the turret of a Panther gets the modded texture, but the hull doesn't. Neither is tagged with [muddy]

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/13/2019 at 7:43 PM, Bulletpoint said:

Even if the conditions in the scenario are not muddy?

Because what I'm seeing is that the turret of a Panther gets the modded texture, but the hull doesn't. Neither is tagged with [muddy]

What Panther vairants are in question? Which one is missing a modded texture?

Possible scenarios....

The same turret texture is used for two different variants of the panther but the hull texture is different? Aris modded the turret and hull of the model that appears in CMBN and CMFB, but not the other Variant. The game picks up the modded turret for both variants of vehicles and applies to both. Defaults to standard texture for second variant's hull since there is no modded texture to draw from.

Or maybe the hull model and texture for that Panther variant got a change and rename in patch after Aris left the community.

Clear as mud? :D